Texas baseball at OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
I know this won't be popular, but because it was such a slow roller, even if it was fielded cleanly, there is no guarantee he would've got him at first. At best it would've been a bang bang play. Because of that, it had to be ruled a hit. The scorer has to determine if it would've been a for sure out if fielded cleanly and thrown with ordinary effort. If he can't make that definitive determination then he has to rule it a hit. It was the right call.

Jensen pitched an incredible game though!

Last edited:

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
He would have easily thrown him out. No doubt about it. At the time of the play I was dumbfounded by the scorers decision. Even though I had zero thoughts then about it being the thing that cost him a no-hitter.

Dec 21, 2008
Watch the replay. It’s the catcher, he stumbles out of the box due to frustration of poor contact and being out in front, he wasn’t 1/3 down the line the time the ball got there. Only chance it’s bang bang is if it’s one of their top 4 fastest guys and he was not even close. No chance in Hades that’s a hit. If one of our slow kids hit that (not taking a no hitter on the line into effect) that is NOT a hit. He deserves an error that’s a slow routine chopper w/o a bad hop. Pitched his ass off

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Cowboys clobber Texas behind Trevor Boone

Oklahoma State center fielder Trevor Boone became the first Cowboy to have three career three-home run games as OSU clobbered Texas on Thursday in Stillwater.

Not to be outdone by the offense, Jensen Elliott (5-2) pitched a one-hitter for the Cowboys (23-13, 8-5 Big 12), striking out seven and walking two.

Boone went 4-for-5 with five RBIs. The Cowboys used a 10-run eighth inning to put away the Longhorns (24-16, 5-7).

Game 2 is 6:35 p.m. Friday.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Anyone else see that in the game notes that it lists Parker Scott as tonight's starter? This excites me, he's been great this year. I know they had to start him slow because of coming off TJ surgery from about a year and a half ago. Anyway, hopefully he can consistently give us about 5 innings. This may help a bunch, because I've always felt that Joe performs better out of the pen. I'd like to see Battenfield get more innings from the pen. The game seems to calm down and have a rhythm with him on the mound.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Anyone else see that in the game notes that it lists Parker Scott as tonight's starter? This excites me, he's been great this year. I know they had to start him slow because of coming off TJ surgery from about a year and a half ago. Anyway, hopefully he can consistently give us about 5 innings. This may help a bunch, because I've always felt that Joe performs better out of the pen. I'd like to see Battenfield get more innings from the pen. The game seems to calm down and have a rhythm with him on the mound.
I think Parker will do well. He brings a great confidence to the mound.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
I think you're going to see the pen change for better or worse.

Glad to see Parker start though. Just hope they don't over pitch him, it's still too early for his in game arm strength to be there for 6+ innings.