Texas baseball at OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Texas looked very subpar. Proud of how our guys battled and gutted out that sweep! Hitting & pitching are contagious one way or the other.

Seems like the Big 12 minus a couple future draftable pitchers and a couple hitters looks to be average. I could be way wrong but no teams look dominating

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
36-12. Stupid coaches
Dude, if they would have coached better, hit with discipline, made better base running decisions, executed bunts, brought in the right pitchers at the right time........ 48-0
And then the the NCAA would have awarded them 2 bonus wins due to the unbelievable coaching 50-0 baby!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Texas looked very subpar. Proud of how our guys battled and gutted out that sweep! Hitting & pitching are contagious one way or the other.

Seems like the Big 12 minus a couple future draftable pitchers and a couple hitters looks to be average. I could be way wrong but no teams look dominating
You certainly might be right, but there are some good players. UT has a big time SS that got hurt before the season. I would also mention that Jung at Tech and Langeliers at Baylor are both regarded at top 10 prospects in all of college baseball.

I was at the LSU-Florida series this weekend and I felt we looked better than both of those teams at this point in the season.

Aug 16, 2012
there are several on here that are hyper-critical, which for some, it is easier to see what went wrong vs. what went right. Granted, there are some things that have occurred do need to get squared up since mental and fundamental errors could prove costly when we face win-or-go-home situations, but the overall mettle of the team is getting better. This looks to be shaping up as another JH team that peaks at the right time and these guys could make a lot of noise in post-season play.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
After the 4-0 week, OSU sits at #21 in the D1 Baseball RPI.

Still on the schedule are #18 Texas Tech, #3 Oregon State, #34 Baylor, and #39 OU. (mixed in with #203 ORU--can we please beat them?!)

Strength of schedule won't be a problem. Barring a complete collapse, the RPI isn't going down. If we can finish in the top two (maybe three) of the conference, hosting is very possible.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
You still miss the point. Getting two runners thrown out trying to steal third in potential run scoring innings is not good. Burning the closer yesterday with a chance to be in first with a win today was not good. Those weren’t good decisions. But, the players executed under pressure today and found a way to come back more than once and win. That is team showing a toughness in big games that will bode well as the season goes on. And I would bet you don’t see those types of decisions happening again from Josh.

There is no weasling out of anything.
are these the same players you like to talk sh!t on?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
That tends to happen when teams have their ass kicked all weekend.

The Big 12 is the #2 conference in the country in the RPI, which is impressive considering that we don’t play as many conference games as most other conferences.
This puzzles me.

With Tech as the top ranked B12 team at #15, how's the Big 12 #2 in RPI?

I don't follow baseball that closely, but how's this happen?

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
This puzzles me.

With Tech as the top ranked B12 team at #15, how's the Big 12 #2 in RPI?

I don't follow baseball that closely, but how's this happen?

We're not top heavy like the PAC12, we have serious depth in our league, and it shows in the standings. Most of the teams are going to just flat out beat each other up in league play. The conference champion could literally end up with only 14 conference W's this year.