Tesla Tulsa?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Any news? This would be beyond words outstanding for the entire state of Oklahoma if this is to happen.
I'm personally hoping they pick Austin solely because Austin is already Austin - I'm sorry, "ATX"...:rolleyes: Moving a California company there just makes it more "ATX".

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'm personally hoping they pick Austin solely because Austin is already Austin - I'm sorry, "ATX"...:rolleyes: Moving a California company there just makes it more "ATX".
Maybe not one that is rebelling and starting to see the light...Red pill has been taken by Musk and he's now freedom loving...He no longer sees himself as a stereotypical "California company." That's a HUGE MASSIVE change and we should wholeheartedly move them and their innovations here ASAP.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Any news? This would be beyond words outstanding for the entire state of Oklahoma if this is to happen.
I think Tulsa will have a very difficult time compete with Austin. They can throw a lot of money at Tesla from Tulsa and Austin is going to have more. Austin has a better tech work force, being little silicon valley.

The only thing that Tulsa may have is land, but I am having a hard time seeing where the 2 locations that they showed them. Port of Catoosa area? or N of Tulsa in the Industrial park by BAMA(which is technically mostly Owasso)

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Maybe not one that is rebelling and starting to see the light...Red pill has been taken by Musk and he's now freedom loving...He no longer sees himself as a stereotypical "California company." That's a HUGE MASSIVE change and we should wholeheartedly move them and their innovations here ASAP.
I read that Musk wants to have the facility closer to the east coast , so that would help. So Distro is what he is looking for, and the Port of Catoosa gives that too him. Water shipping on Barges to and from the Port for parts and vehicles. Tulsa is basically the middle of the country.

https://twitter.com/tulsaworld/status/1263213545572962307/photo/1

They re-envisioned the golden driller

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
You ever sit next to a girl at lunch in high school to make the girl you liked jealous or your girlfriend to do that thing you want that she says she’s not ready to do...... Tesla just sat next to Tulsa.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
There is no real change in policy or mission. He is looking for tax breaks.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You ever sit next to a girl at lunch in high school to make the girl you liked jealous or your girlfriend to do that thing you want that she says she’s not ready to do...... Tesla just sat next to Tulsa.
Or maybe Tesla sat next to Austin? Who knows.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
We're talking about a factory correct? Musk has talked about moving HQ to Texas and I can see that in Austin. Just talking about a factory to manufacture, I'm not seeing a great difference that would give Austin an insurmountable advantage. Tesla passed on Texas for Gigafactory 1 that is outside of Reno after Texas had offered more incentive dollars.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There is no real change in policy or mission. He is looking for tax breaks.
And, being able to actually make freaking cars...Cali shut him down...Btw, I'm actually a California transplant so not all Californians are liberals...nearly half of them are freedom loving red bloodied Americans. The lumping them all together is discouraging for many of us from there.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think Tulsa will have a very difficult time compete with Austin. They can throw a lot of money at Tesla from Tulsa and Austin is going to have more. Austin has a better tech work force, being little silicon valley.

The only thing that Tulsa may have is land, but I am having a hard time seeing where the 2 locations that they showed them. Port of Catoosa area? or N of Tulsa in the Industrial park by BAMA(which is technically mostly Owasso)
IF he moves to Austin he's not going to find a significantly more business friendly environment than he currently has in the Bay Area...He moves to Tulsa and he finds firm backing for about 25 years or more....not so in LEFTY Austin...also he doesn't even get out of the traffic he has NOR the cost of living...Tulsa, IMHO is BY FAR the better option...We also don't have their heat...he has to see it and as an innovator who just went through a very public battle with a liberal Governor, Mayor and local population I think he's seeing more clearly than he ever has. This is the best chance Tulsa has had for a game breaker since the 1920's when they saw several game breakers move here...it's the second coming of the energy sector and the city needs to make a huge deep dive to get this done. Not saying it's happening, but it NEEDS to happen.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Last edited: