Ted Cruz trying to get Abortion pill classified as dangerous drug

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Well, except the innocent people that hav died from the death penalty that you advocate.
And I could very well be judged for that one day....but it's still FAR FAR FAR fewer than the innocents that have died from the abortions that you advocate. Between the two, I have no moral regrets about which one I advocate....apparently you don't either. So as I said way back in my first response to you; we differ in our opinions, so there's little discuss.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Do you really think with the Fed expanding money supply at a massive clip that a UBI is what would cause inflation?
Think about it. Let's take it down to a very small system

In system number one you have $10000000 and 100 people. Monthly, the people with businesses pay a tax and that tax is distributed to everyone (UBI)

In system number two you have $10000000 and they increase that amount by $1000000 every year and even more if things are not going well. There no UBI. It is winner take all.

Which system would end up with higher prices?

View attachment 85469
Honestly I don’t know.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
And I could very well be judged for that one day....but it's still FAR FAR FAR fewer than the innocents that have died from the abortions that you advocate. Between the two, I have no moral regrets about which one I advocate....apparently you don't either. So as I said way back in my first response to you; we differ in our opinions, so there's little discuss.
Why can't you advocate for both?

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
If you think I advocate for abortion, you do not read a single thing I write on the subject.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Okay, every once in a while I show a hint of good sense. I've been trying to do that here by sitting out the whole debate. Abortion is a very emotional topic and I honestly see some valid points, and some flawed arguments, on both sides. So I just watched from the sideline.

Then @RxCowboy made a joke about the Catholics. Okay, I'm ready to join in that fun but I'm not falling for it. Still sitting it out.

Then @okstate987 dragged the 2nd amendment in it with "Do Chicago's gun laws reduce murder rates?" AND pulled in the discussion about the death penalty. Nice try! I'm still out.

@docjoctoo tried to slip something in there about assisted suicide just to see if I'd bite but that was a swing and a miss.

@cableok really gave it a good shot with this pithy little nugget "So you are saying All Lives Matter?" Ohhh, he's good, but I'm still on the sidelines.

Somehow @cowboyinexile found a way to pull immigration into the thread with this "Take immigration for example." Wow, nice try.

@ODMcB thought maybe he could pull me in by bringing religion into the thread "Does God act for us in these cases, or are we supposed to reason out an answer and act for ourselves?" - Not even close to biting on this one.

@Rack took one last shot by sneaking UBI in there. By now it's getting obvious.

I get it. The whole goal of the thread is really just to see if you guys can drag me into some endless debate just to mess with my weekend. Nice try. I'm not falling for it.

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Okay, every once in a while I show a hint of good sense. I've been trying to do that here by sitting out the whole debate. Abortion is a very emotional topic and I honestly see some valid points, and some flawed arguments, on both sides. So I just watched from the sideline.

Then @RxCowboy made a joke about the Catholics. Okay, I'm ready to join in that fun but I'm not falling for it. Still sitting it out.

Then @okstate987 dragged the 2nd amendment in it with "Do Chicago's gun laws reduce murder rates?" AND pulled in the discussion about the death penalty. Nice try! I'm still out.

@docjoctoo tried to slip something in there about assisted suicide just to see if I'd bite but that was a swing and a miss.

@cableok really gave it a good shot with this pithy little nugget "So you are saying All Lives Matter?" Ohhh, he's good, but I'm still on the sidelines.

Somehow @cowboyinexile found a way to pull immigration into the thread with this "Take immigration for example." Wow, nice try.

@ODMcB thought maybe he could pull me in by bringing religion into the thread "Does God act for us in these cases, or are we supposed to reason out an answer and act for ourselves?" - Not even close to biting on this one.

@Rack took one last shot by sneaking UBI in there. By now it's getting obvious.

I get it. The whole goal of the thread is really just to see if you guys can drag me into some endless debate just to mess with my weekend. Nice try. I'm not falling for it.
I didn't make a joke about Catholics.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Why are you trying to force Catholic hospitals to eat oranges?
Wait, this was a serious post?

And BT fricken W, good job. You actually DID find a way to suck me into a debate on this thread. You're like a ninja.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Then why did you say that the reason you are against a UBI is that it causes inflation?
I just don't want to argue about it. It doesn't do any good. I'm ok with helping those who need help but I don't think we need to set up our government as a supplier of money to the masses. They already tax us too much and are so inefficient with what we give them, now we are going to trust them with a huge new massive social program? How are we going to pay for such a thing and why would we want the Fed's doing something like that which gives them control over just one more part of our lives...the money we receive from them comes with strings attached...it always does. Social Security is already overburdened.

Last edited: