Taylor grand jury: 1 officer indicted

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
I don’t have a vocabulary to categorizes this. This black woman is attacking Kentucky’s black AG because instead of acting like black monolithic thinking (her desire, not my claims), he used logic and upheld the laws of the state.
https://twitter.com/thomascatenacci/status/1308851856924454912?s=21

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I don’t have a vocabulary to categorizes this. This black woman is attacking Kentucky’s black AG because instead of acting like black monolithic thinking (her desire, not my claims), he used logic and upheld the laws of the state.
https://twitter.com/thomascatenacci/status/1308851856924454912?s=21
Equally absurd are some of the arguments now FOR segregation.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
It's about to be real ugly!

I guess the precedent has been set that the police can’t shut down one side, so now they have to essentially let the other side go as well. This is what happens when rioting is labeled as mostly peaceful protests. The kooks on the other side are going to push the envelope as well thinking nothing will happen to them.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Had to go back & read more on it & you're right. They actually had a no-knock warrant, but knocked, apparently.
Oh I don’t blame you for not knowing that as the MSM intentionally ignores it in order to paint a scenario that fits the narrative. The shooter with Taylor even said he heard the knocks but says he didn’t hear them say “police”. Could be true, could not be. But I’ve wondered to myself if they had actually executed it as a NKW does that prevent the shooter from getting to his weapon and perhaps allow everyone to escape unscathed? I don’t know that there’s a right answer in these situations as much as people want to find one.
I don’t think you’re being particularly fair to Kenneth Walker, especially alluding that he may have heard them call police. For the record his charges were dropped (they don’t usually let ppl who shoot cops not get to trial), there was absolutely nothing illegal in the house that would provide motive to shoot a police officer, and the New York Times did interview 11 surrounding witnesses who all say they never heard the police identify themselves. It very much sounds like an accidental knock with no identification and then they went through with a botched NKW. It’s extremely reasonable to think that Walker was just a law abiding gun owner who thought he was getting robbed.

The cops got shot at, it’s not debatable that their use of force was necessary and so they shouldn’t face murder charges. HOWEVER, it’s clear that there’s a complete lack of accountability by the state since this is a situation they 100% manufactured that resulted in unnecessary death. “Aw shucks, a bad situation all around” shouldn’t cut it, and we, as a country that values liberty above all else, should find ways to punish those in government (like the judge, like the detectives seeking to execute the warrant) who are so flippant with individuals rights. The system seems very broken right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I don’t think you’re being particularly fair to Kenneth Walker, especially alluding that he may have heard them call police. For the record his charges were dropped (they don’t usually let ppl who shoot cops not get to trial), there was absolutely nothing illegal in the house that would provide motive to shoot a police officer, and the New York Times did interview 11 surrounding witnesses who all say they never heard the police identify themselves. It very much sounds like an accidental knock with no identification and then they went through with a botched NKW. It’s extremely reasonable to think that Walker was just a law abiding gun owner who thought he was getting robbed.

The cops got shot at, it’s not debatable that their use of force was necessary and so they shouldn’t face murder charges. HOWEVER, it’s clear that there’s a complete lack of accountability by the state since this is a situation they 100% manufactured that resulted in unnecessary death. “Aw shucks, a bad situation all around” shouldn’t cut it, and we, as a country that values liberty above all else, should find ways to punish those in government (like the judge, like the detectives seeking to execute the warrant) who are so flippant with individuals rights. The system seems very broken right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really alluding to anything. Just saying I don’t know. In my mind he has a lot of incentive to tell his story the way he did. I’m just not taking anything at face value and looking at it with a critical eye. I’m sure video will come out at some point and it will be easier to tell if the police announced themselves in an effective manner.

As far as the system being broken, I mean to me society seems broken in general and that’s going to bleed into everywhere. But when it comes to which areas are the most broken I don’t think LE would be in my top 100.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Not really alluding to anything. Just saying I don’t know. In my mind he has a lot of incentive to tell his story the way he did. I’m just not taking anything at face value and looking at it with a critical eye. I’m sure video will come out at some point and it will be easier to tell if the police announced themselves in an effective manner.

As far as the system being broken, I mean to me society seems broken in general and that’s going to bleed into everywhere. But when it comes to which areas are the most broken I don’t think LE would be in my top 100.
Time to expand your news sources, it has been reported that the officers had body cams that were turned off.

snuffy

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1308839035960528896?s=21
In the affidavit for the no-knock warrant for Taylor’s home, a detective claimed to have consulted with a postal inspector, who confirmed that Glover had been “receiving packages” at Taylor’s address. But the Louisville postal inspector has since said that he was never consulted by the officers and that there was nothing suspicious about the packages. A source with knowledge of the case has since told me that the packages contained clothes and shoes.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...nt-breonna-taylor-was-illegal/?outputType=amp

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
In the affidavit for the no-knock warrant for Taylor’s home, a detective claimed to have consulted with a postal inspector, who confirmed that Glover had been “receiving packages” at Taylor’s address. But the Louisville postal inspector has since said that he was never consulted by the officers and that there was nothing suspicious about the packages. A source with knowledge of the case has since told me that the packages contained clothes and shoes.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...nt-breonna-taylor-was-illegal/?outputType=amp
I guess I don’t see how what you are posting relates to the media’s handling of this story.

snuffy

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
What I read was that two of them didn’t have them on but that LPD said there is other audio and video of the incident that will be released eventually. Is that not the case?
I have not heard that and I know one (of many) majors issues was the cams not being on even though they were supposed to be. If there were audio and/or video that cleared the police it would have been released a long time ago. Not to mention that the city settled, why if they had video that cleared them.

Mar 11, 2006
Kaepernick Is 100% right. We should definitely abolish the police to create more safety.
I think he followed up this brilliant idea by suggesting we abolish doctors to eliminate the coronavirus.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1308936290126225411?s=21