Taylor grand jury: 1 officer indicted

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Everything I have read said police knocked and announced themselves (I believe neighbors have confirmed this). This is why I say NKW are not a factor in this particular case. Doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be examined and studied for their relative safety for all involved. But this doesn’t seem like an example of a pure NKW going awry.
Had to go back & read more on it & you're right. They actually had a no-knock warrant, but knocked, apparently.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Had to go back & read more on it & you're right. They actually had a no-knock warrant, but knocked, apparently.
Oh I don’t blame you for not knowing that as the MSM intentionally ignores it in order to paint a scenario that fits the narrative. The shooter with Taylor even said he heard the knocks but says he didn’t hear them say “police”. Could be true, could not be. But I’ve wondered to myself if they had actually executed it as a NKW does that prevent the shooter from getting to his weapon and perhaps allow everyone to escape unscathed? I don’t know that there’s a right answer in these situations as much as people want to find one.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
how so? not watching just curious by what you mean.
Extremely prepared and well-versed. Clear and eloquent speaker, answering all of these press questions in a manner that any average Joe could follow along easily. Knows the law and knows injustice as well and is compassionate to both sides of this issue.

AND LET THE PUBLIC KNOW, VERY CLEARLY, that mob justice is not justice.

EDIT: I’ll add, if this country is going to heal racial tensions, it’s going to be through men/women like this guy. I’d invite you to find a transcript of his press conference today and read it.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I don’t disagree with you but apparently that didn’t play a factor here. And who knows, maybe if they hadn’t knocked and used total surprise the shootout doesn’t happen.
So, here we go again with the no-knock story.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/us/louisville-police-breonna-taylor/index.html

He also defended his actions the night Taylor, a 26-year-old EMT, was fatally shot by police. Mattingly and two other officers broke down the door to her apartment while executing a late-night, "no-knock" warrant in a narcotics investigation on March 13. Mattingly was shot by Taylor's boyfriend, and then police opened fire, killing Taylor.