Taco Tech Gems

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
We complain about Special Teams, then when we block 2 punts some people discount them like they are not as important as offensive TDs Let’s give credit where credit is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're sort of 2 different points, imo.

First, yes, it was fantastic to see those huge plays on ST. The TD & short field unquestionably provided a boost to an offense which wasn't really setting the world on fire.

Second, yes, the offense had its' moments of success but could still be much better. Cornelius completing just over 50% of his passes has to improve. That being said, because of those 2 ST plays, the offense was able to take its' foot off the gas a little & coast at the end.
But the end result was the same.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
The margin of victory having solid performances in all 3 phases was essentially the same or better than one n the past having an exceptional offensive performance and be found lacking in one or two of the other phases.

Be happy that we looked solid on all 3 phases and hope we can do the same this week. I include myself in the group that needs to appreciate what just happened.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
"I think both fan bases are kind of being steered by recent history and understandably so. I'm not sure it would be a huge upset if Tech beats Okie St on this particular year. I mean if Tech had played OSU's schedule thus far we would be 3-0 as well and would have probably won the first 2 games by a wider margin considering how explosive Techs offense has been in 2 home games. The game last week against Boise would have most likely been a one possession game if not for 2 blocked punts that both led to TDs. Again I give them full credit for blocking those punts but its extremely rare for a team to block two punts in one game and even more rare if they are able to pull it off again this week.
I think the ranking OSU has this year is based on the success they've enjoyed recently not by the talent of this particular team. I give them full credit for that, they fully deserve the respect they've garnered but they have lost a lot. Just looking at the Boise game they don't seem to have the game changers they had last year, they lost a lot of talent. And obviously the new QB is a shadow of Mason Rudolph both in accuracy and running ability.
Cornelius is a big kid but runs like he has two concrete blocks as shoes.....he lumbers. If hes able to break a 10+ yard gain on TTU it would be because OSU's O-line completely obliterated Techs D-line and LB's, I don't see that happening.....at least not very often. I think if they try to run the QB Techs LBs are going to eat him up.
Techs secondary is another issue but I like Techs chances if they don't turn the ball over on offense or special teams"

Boise state would crush taco tech. I hope our defense crushes them and they will.
Believe we blocked a punt in Lubbock in ‘13 to help us go up 21-0 in the 1st qtr.

And if we had Techs schedule, we’d still be 3-0. Ole miss sucks.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I can't find it but I was looking for a play from a previous tech game, I'm sure someone here can help. It was before we really took ownership of this series and I think they were favored. On just about the first play of the game OSU broke a run from scrimmage of about 95 yards.

Anyone have a video or know who it was that made the run?

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I can't find it but I was looking for a play from a previous tech game, I'm sure someone here can help. It was before we really took ownership of this series and I think they were favored. On just about the first play of the game OSU broke a run from scrimmage of about 95 yards.

Anyone have a video or know who it was that made the run?
Sounds like Tatum Bell.

May 24, 2017
Stillwater, OK
Or XSU. Funny, how they claim we stole their tradition of bullet/masked rider when we were not even in the same conference. I guess they stole their masked rider from Florida State.
I just googled horses of college football and it appears tech has the oldest tradition (using a horse since 1936, on field in 1954 Gator Bowl), then USC (1961), then FSU (1978), then us (1984). We also copied our colors from Princeton...but at least the land thieves copied Harvard AND Yale (colors from Harvard and tune for fight song from Yale)...it's all good!

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I just googled horses of college football and it appears tech has the oldest tradition (using a horse since 1936, on field in 1954 Gator Bowl), then USC (1961), then FSU (1978), then us (1984). We also copied our colors from Princeton...but at least the land thieves copied Harvard AND Yale (colors from Harvard and tune for fight song from Yale)...it's all good!
Texas tech is a joke. Their program is not going anywhere. If they want to pretend like they have been there then win more than 6 games every year and stop pretending like they own every tradition. We learned from today that OSU is just not a good football team.