Tackling?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
I would not make a blanket statement that "tackling was bad". I would say tackling in space was horrendous on a couple of drives, the most notable being a broken tackle and head-tucked half-assed effort on the scoring play. I see this improving as time goes on and hope to hell the stupid targeting rule does not have some being tentative about bringing the wood.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
I would not make a blanket statement that "tackling was bad". I would say tackling in space was horrendous on a couple of drives, the most notable being a broken tackle and head-tucked half-assed effort on the scoring play. I see this improving as time goes on and hope to hell the stupid targeting rule does not have some being tentative about bringing the wood.
That is something I've thought about. After seeing some of our guys getting tossed for targetting I hope it does not affect the defensive mindset to go knock someone's block off.