T. Boone has passed.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 1, 2011
Houston
“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years”.
A. Lincoln

RIP to a larger than life man, he did great things for a lot of institutions including OSU. You are missed, the greatest Cowboy ever.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
His generosity was school-changing and program-changing. He will be missed. Thank you and RIP.
I've always thought, coaches come and go, players even faster, but stadiums hang around for a while. The history of our football program will always be divided into the part before Boone's donations and the part after.
It wasn’t just his donations, although his was by far the largest, he inspired many others large and small to give! It’s time for all Cowboy Alums to follow his lead and give what we can.

It would not surprise me at all if there were some sort of very large donation to the University upon his death. OSU owes him plenty and he certainly doesn’t owe OSU anything additional but it would not surprise me if he did it anyway! The man loved OSU like few others!

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
The amount of money that this man GAVE AWAY in Charitable Contributions...it's insane.
$500 MM to OSU
$100MM to UT Medical Facilities
$5MM to the Dallas Downtown YMCA
$7MM in Hurricane Katrina Relief
$25 to the U of Calgary Faculty of Medicine

The list goes on and on...What an amazing person.

Interesting fact. T. Boone was the very first child born via C-Section in the state of Oklahoma.

Edit...I just saw that he actually gave to OSU $652,000,000.00 Six Hundred Fifty Two Million Dollars...

I was sort of rounding at $500MM and while I was only off by a small percentage..in actually dollars I was off by $152MM! It's truly remarkable

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2011
Houston
The amount of money that this man GAVE AWAY in Charitable Contributions...it's insane.
$500 MM to OSU

Interesting fact. T. Boone was the very first child born via C-Section in the state of Oklahoma.
$50 Million to M. D. Anderson Hospital Houston

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
RIP. I was at the football game where they unfurled the T. Boone Pickens stadium banner at Rustoleum and had no idea what that place would become. Like several have said, there is football before Boone's donation and football after. Don't know where we'd be today without him.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
$500 MM to OSU

Edit...I just saw that he actually gave to OSU $652,000,000.00 Six Hundred Fifty Two Million Dollars...

I was sort of rounding at $500MM and while I was only off by a small percentage..in actually dollars I was off by $152MM! It's truly remarkable
http://tboonepickensfoundation.org/
We've all seen what he's done here for athletics & academics, but he's given so much more than that. His foundations has given to more than 100 organizations in many different areas. His total lifetime charitable giving was over $1 billion. He helped a lot of people in his lifetime.