Super Tuesday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Some thoughts.

Pretty much a two man race now, Bernie and Biden. Not that surprising, those were the two we thought at the start.

Warren couldn't win her home state, she's done. I think she is so much smarter than Bernie or Biden.....glad she won't be sharing a debate stage with Trump in the near future....I would say she might be Bernie's VP if he gets the nomination, but, he'll probably need a moderate to balance out the ticket....she's more likely to be a pick for Joe to bring in the Bernie vote.

Bloomberg getting the worse return on investment of money spent per delegate in political history. Give some credit to the Dem base, the candidate who spends the most money usually does much better than this. Can't say I'm sorry to see that wannabe dictator and gun grabber fall on his face.

Tulsi Gabbard is the most sane candidate still in the race and she can't even pull a full 1% of the vote in most of the states. This tells me more about the base of the party than anything, they are NOT a moderate party any longer. She's actually pulling almost 2% of the vote in Oklahoma...I guess there are slightly more sane Democrats in Oklahoma than in other states....hooray for us.
On a related topic....the overwhelming biggest issue in exit polls for Dems was someone who could beat Trump. Hey Democrats, guess what, Tulsi Gabbard was by far the best option still in the race to beat Trump and you have completely ignored her. LOL.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Bernie needed a big lead after tonight. I don’t see that happening at this point. Joe should actually get the delegates needed to win the nomination out right before the convention. Still a couple of weeks before that happens, but Bernie is getting hit by a big wave of Jonny come lately Biden support.

Then the real games can begin. Two old senile white guys. Whoopee! At least it should be entertaining.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Some thoughts.

Pretty much a two man race now, Bernie and Biden. Not that surprising, those were the two we thought at the start.

Warren couldn't win her home state, she's done. I think she is so much smarter than Bernie or Biden.....glad she won't be sharing a debate stage with Trump in the near future....I would say she might be Bernie's VP if he gets the nomination, but, he'll probably need a moderate to balance out the ticket....she's more likely to be a pick for Joe to bring in the Bernie vote.

Bloomberg getting the worse return on investment of money spent per delegate in political history. Give some credit to the Dem base, the candidate who spends the most money usually does much better than this. Can't say I'm sorry to see that wannabe dictator and gun grabber fall on his face.

Tulsi Gabbard is the most sane candidate still in the race and she can't even pull a full 1% of the vote in most of the states. This tells me more about the base of the party than anything, they are NOT a moderate party any longer. She's actually pulling almost 2% of the vote in Oklahoma...I guess there are slightly more sane Democrats in Oklahoma than in other states....hooray for us.
On a related topic....the overwhelming biggest issue in exit polls for Dems was someone who could beat Trump. Hey Democrats, guess what, Tulsi Gabbard was by far the best option still in the race to beat Trump and you have completely ignored her. LOL.
Warren, the biggest political whore on the planet, smart?

Whew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Is Sanders likely to pull ahead in delegates, assuming his lead holds in California?
No, it doesn’t look like it. Plus he is pretty much done at this point overall. He will stay in it all the way to the convention, but if Joe can keep this train moving without getting derailed, then he will hit the magic number before the convention.

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
No, it doesn’t look like it. Plus he is pretty much done at this point overall. He will stay in it all the way to the convention, but if Joe can keep this train moving without getting derailed, then he will hit the magic number before the convention.
You are probably right, but Bernie isn't too far behind and there are still 32 primaries/caucuses to be held. Bernie and Joe both have roughly 1/3 of the necessary number of delegates. I don't think I'd put money on Bernie losing quite yet.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
You are probably right, but Bernie isn't too far behind and there are still 32 primaries/caucuses to be held. Bernie and Joe both have roughly 1/3 of the necessary number of delegates. I don't think I'd put money on Bernie losing quite yet.
Just in case you wanted to bet, the odds have completely swung since March 1st. Bernie was -115, he is now at +400. Joe was at +1000, he is now at -450. It could obviously swing again if something drastic happens. Although, as I said previously, I think Joe has it wrapped up now.

On a side note, I registered as a Democrat for the first time since the mid 90’s hoping to actually be able to cast a meaningful vote in the primary. I still have two more weeks to go, but I’m not really liking my choices right now. Plus it may be all but over by then. So it seems my plan didn’t quite work out. Back to independent I guess.

Jul 22, 2011
I predict Sanders makes up a little ground next week.

Wins: Washington, Idaho, North Dakota and the "Democrats Abroad Vote"
Loses: Missouri and Mississippi

Polls had Michigan neck-and-neck, but I would bet it breaks heavily for Biden after Bloomberg's dropout.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Just in case you wanted to bet, the odds have completely swung since March 1st. Bernie was -115, he is now at +400. Joe was at +1000, he is now at -450. It could obviously swing again if something drastic happens. Although, as I said previously, I think Joe has it wrapped up now.

On a side note, I registered as a Democrat for the first time since the mid 90’s hoping to actually be able to cast a meaningful vote in the primary. I still have two more weeks to go, but I’m not really liking my choices right now. Plus it may be all but over by then. So it seems my plan didn’t quite work out. Back to independent I guess.
Yep, in most Presidential primaries, the person I am most excited about voting for has dropped out by the time Oklahoma gets to vote. Pisses me off.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Going to the next round of states with 70+ year old Biden and Bernie, should they really be using air transport and shaking a lot of hands with crowds of people? With COVID19 JADE HELM going around, this may be a not so good choice...

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I continue to get a kick out of seeing the Dem candidates run on healthcare and the Dem exit polls showing health care as one of the most important issues to them......all less than a decade after the implementation of Obamacare. It's like the entire left in this country gave each other a nod and wink and collectively decided to pretend Obamacare never happened.

Wasn't that supposed to ensure than everybody had coverage? Wasn't that supposed to ensure that everybody could afford coverage? It's comical at this point that they still refuse to admit it was a bad law like most of us said even before it was passed. It's pretty simple logic, If health care is a problem, that means Obamacare didn't work....so why on earth trust the very architects of that plan to fix it now? Head, meet brick wall.