Super Regionals

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
There needs to be a separate game thread for the ignorant whiners. Some of the posts in these game threads are garbage and embarrassing. I was at the game and was proud of how “our” team battled (as they typically always do). The umps zone hurt Jensen and we made some mistakes. Yes we strike out a lot but we are always dangerous and still put up 6 runs. I can assure you the Tech fans were squirming down the stretch. Hit some on the screws right at people, got robbed by Jung and was a few feet from a tank slam that would’ve given us a big lead. Can’t believe how many posters make uneducated, exaggerated, pathetic posts on here any time we lose. We’ve had a great season and are in the super regionals. There are a lot of great teams who are watching at home. If you haven’t noticed we also have a new ballpark and one of the best recruiting classes in the country coming in. I’m sure they won’t be good enough for many of you either.
On another note Tech fans are the worst...The way they acted, heckled our players (below the belt comments), heckled our fans (player guest section), etc. was very classless. Pretty typical for them though.
There needs to be a separate game thread for the ignorant whiners. Some of the posts in these game threads are garbage and embarrassing. I was at the game and was proud of how “our” team battled (as they typically always do). The umps zone hurt Jensen and we made some mistakes. Yes we strike out a lot but we are always dangerous and still put up 6 runs. I can assure you the Tech fans were squirming down the stretch. Hit some on the screws right at people, got robbed by Jung and was a few feet from a tank slam that would’ve given us a big lead. Can’t believe how many posters make uneducated, exaggerated, pathetic posts on here any time we lose. We’ve had a great season and are in the super regionals. There are a lot of great teams who are watching at home. If you haven’t noticed we also have a new ballpark and one of the best recruiting classes in the country coming in. I’m sure they won’t be good enough for many of you either.
On another note Tech fans are the worst...The way they acted, heckled our players (below the belt comments), heckled our fans (player guest section), etc. was very classless. Pretty typical for them though.
FANATICS!

Nov 14, 2010
Agree with everthing your said except the Tech fans

I was in general admission and they were there most Cordial fans I've ever sat next to

They were all wishing that the 2 big 12 teams didn't match up in the Supers just like we were

I was shocked

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
Agree with everthing your said except the Tech fans

I was in general admission and they were there most Cordial fans I've ever sat next to

They were all wishing that the 2 big 12 teams didn't match up in the Supers just like we were

I was shocked

You must’ve not been near the player guests section behind home plate. It got a little nasty. A man came over and got in a parents face. There was also a lot of personal attacks on our players that went past normal heckling.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2010
You must’ve not been near the player guests section. It got a little nasty. A man came over and got in a parents face. There was also a lot of personal attacks on our players that went way past normal heckling.
I was in the middle of that section

That's how I got in was on that pass list

The player guest tickets are general admission and I was in that area of seating

Agree to disagree

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The ignore button is a wonderful tool. Just put those on ignore and enjoy the solid posts and banter without all the pissing and moaning.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
There needs to be a separate game thread for the ignorant whiners.

Some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.

A little heckling is what makes it fun and the players love it. I was giving tbat fans crap right back. Just be quick witted and you'll confuse them.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Going back to 2014 we have lost 10 of the last 12 to them. I apologize for such an egregious error in my previous statement of how many we have lost in a row to them.

Good job. Those are facts. Other facts, since 2014:

3 Big 12 titles, 3 regional titles, and a trip to Omaha, and more NCAA Tournament appearances than any other Big 12 program.

Oh, and we’ve beaten OU 20 out of 26 times since then, I believe. Feel free to fact check me, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006
Anybody see the play at the plate just now in Louisville vs ECU game 2? It looked like a carbon copy of OSU vs Tech yesterday. I wouldn’t have known it wasn’t a replay if I didn’t see the team names. Also - it was called an out initially and then overturned via replay - I felt like I was in the twilight zone.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
Anybody see the play at the plate just now in Louisville vs ECU game 2? It looked like a carbon copy of OSU vs Tech yesterday. I wouldn’t have known it wasn’t a replay if I didn’t see the team names. Also - it was called an out initially and then overturned via replay - I felt like I was in the twilight zone.
Louisville is pouring it on now. 3 or 4 straight 2-out RBIs has them up 12-0.

Oh, their SP has a no-no through 8 innings. It would be the first ever no-hitter in a Super.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
Louisville loses the no-hitter in the 9th. The kid pitched to 2 guys in the 9th and only had 90 pitches when he was pulled. Pretty incredible.

The only 3-seed to advance to Supers, Auburn, giving 14-seed North Carolina all it can handle. Scored 5 runs in the 8th to go up 7-5.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I wasn't convinced in either play that the player actually had his hand on the plate. Of course it looks like the hand is at least ABOVE the plate before the tag, but no angle actually proved to me that the hand was ON the plate.

Its been a long time since I've slid into home, but seems like it was always the base of my palm was touching the ground and fingers were actually off the ground (too many jammed fingers to side with fingers on the ground) then try to time it lowering the fingers just as you arrive at the plate.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Louisville loses the no-hitter in the 9th. The kid pitched to 2 guys in the 9th and only had 90 pitches when he was pulled. Pretty incredible.

The only 3-seed to advance to Supers, Auburn, giving 14-seed North Carolina all it can handle. Scored 5 runs in the 8th to go up 7-5.
Duke is also a 3 seed and just took down #2 Vandy last night. Crazy seeing UCLA and Vandy go down last night.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Going back to 2014 we have lost 10 of the last 12 to them. I apologize for such an egregious error in my previous statement of how many we have lost in a row to them.
Even in the Ward days back in the 80's I remember watching them beat us in our stadium what felt like regularly.