Super Regionals

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
This team is not changing. Yes, they strike out but they’re also capable of scoring runs and coming from behind. This team is not changing and the coaching staff is not going to change them and make them something they are not.

Good pitching and good pitch sequencing will beat this type of teams more times than not. Gotta tip your cap to Tech, they are a really good team. You can’t give them free outs.

All that being said, this team did not quit but they just could not get over the hump. I just hope the team doesn’t mail it in tomorrow and come out flat.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Frustrating. The team really battled and fought hard, but the pitching moves seemed a little late. Not going to fault Rob because he was really good the couple weeks with those decisions, just didn’t work out today. Still not sure why we threw our top 3 relievers though.

Got to find a way to battle and hopefully scratch out a win against a really good pitcher tomorrow.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
It’s pretty simple. If you tell me this morning we score 6 runs, my first question is did we get a good start from Elliott. If the answer is yes, we win. If the answer is no, we don’t win. Not putting the loss on him, because he’s fought his tail off the past couple of months. But we couldn’t afford for him to not be really good today.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
It looked like Elliot was trying to be too good and not make mistakes to the Tech hitters. That led to him missing the zone by a lot and then giving them hit-able pitches.

Elliott has been really good for us and not going to lay the blame squarely on him.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
It looked like Elliot was trying to be too good and not make mistakes to the Tech hitters. That led to him missing the zone by a lot and then giving them hit-able pitches.

Elliott has been really good for us and not going to lay the blame squarely on him.

Well, just my opinion, but in the 2nd inning, he got strike 3 twice that would’ve ended the inning and didn’t get the call twice. After that he appeared to get worn down, and from that point forward was leaving a lot of pitches up. We painted the black several times today and didn’t get the call. Not surprised at all though. I expected that. Dallas Baptist got jobbed in Lubbock last week so I figured we would get a few calls against us today. Also the tag play at home didn’t have enough evidence that his hand got on the plate in time. Very wrong to overturn it. Neither team played clean baseball today. If we play clean, we probably win. Proud of the guys for not giving in. Need to come out with great effort tomorrow. Baseballs a weird game, it’s definitely not over.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Well, just my opinion, but in the 2nd inning, he got strike 3 twice that would’ve ended the inning and didn’t get the call twice. After that he appeared to get worn down, and from that point forward was leaving a lot of pitches up. We painted the black several times today and didn’t get the call. Not surprised at all though. I expected that. Dallas Baptist got jobbed in Lubbock last week so I figured we would get a few calls against us today. Also the tag play at home didn’t have enough evidence that his hand got on the plate in time. Very wrong to overturn it. Neither team played clean baseball today. If we play clean, we probably win. Proud of the guys for not giving in. Need to come out with great effort tomorrow. Baseballs a weird game, it’s definitely not over.
My thoughts exactly. Tough to see Jensen go down like that because he might have been able to settle in if he gets either of those calls. Like you said, he wasn't getting much sink on his balls and seemed to be cutting them, just like the last trip to Lubbock.

Hope the team comes out relaxed and just leaves it all on the line tomorrow. The fight was as good as ever tonight, it just didn't go our way.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
As much as you would like to argue, I am not going to look it up maybe it just seems like a dozen straight to them.

Not arguing. Just presenting facts to a fan who wants to piss and moan about some games lost to ORU, who we didn’t even play this year, while we’re playing in a freaking super regional.

If our basketball team makes the sweet sixteen we’ll be throwing a party around here. Our baseball team , after winning the Big 12 Tournament and a regional title, loses a super regional game on the road by 2 runs to a legit top 10 team and we’ve got someone pissing and moaning about losing to ORU in the year 2018. Unfortunately, this is par for the course with way too many on here. It’s sad really.

May 26, 2012
Not arguing. Just presenting facts to a fan who wants to piss and moan about some games lost to ORU, who we didn’t even play this year, while we’re playing in a freaking super regional.

If our basketball team makes the sweet sixteen we’ll be throwing a party around here. Our baseball team , after winning the Big 12 Tournament and a regional title, loses a super regional game on the road by 2 runs to a legit top 10 team and we’ve got someone pissing and moaning about losing to ORU in the year 2018. Unfortunately, this is par for the course with way too many on here. It’s sad really.
Again, you are on here simply looking for arguments. Not going to indulge you anymore.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I

I listened to the first few innings before getting to a TV. But I know when Jensen is on, he has a sinking action on his fastball, and when he’s not, he doesn’t.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
You are an absolute jack ass with no facts
Isn’t he the one that posted we had lost 5 straight to ORU? That is a fact that you can’t even bother to look up.

“Maybe it seems like a dozen” is just your pissing and moaning and has no relevance with the Pokes in the middle of a Super and 2 wins from Omaha.

Jun 14, 2017
Texas
There needs to be a separate game thread for the ignorant whiners. Some of the posts in these game threads are garbage and embarrassing. I was at the game and was proud of how “our” team battled (as they typically always do). The umps zone hurt Jensen and we made some mistakes. Yes we strike out a lot but we are always dangerous and still put up 6 runs. I can assure you the Tech fans were squirming down the stretch. Hit some on the screws right at people, got robbed by Jung and was a few feet from a tank slam that would’ve given us a big lead. Can’t believe how many posters make uneducated, exaggerated, pathetic posts on here any time we lose. We’ve had a great season and are in the super regionals. There are a lot of great teams who are watching at home. If you haven’t noticed we also have a new ballpark and one of the best recruiting classes in the country coming in. I’m sure they won’t be good enough for many of you either.
On another note Tech fans are the worst...The way they acted, heckled our players (below the belt comments), heckled our fans (player guest section), etc. was very classless. Pretty typical for them though.