Super Regional Game 3

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I would assume that part of that is a reference to the loss of Neustifter. That loss really left us hanging at 3rd going into the season.
Neustifter hit .227 with 0 HR and 4 RBI at North Greenville Univ—if anyone is interested.

I’ll tell you this—I’ll be as excited in the baseball preseason as for any season in a long time. Lots of solid young players returning in key spots....if we can just have a little bit more discipline at the plate we’ll be back in this spot next year.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Neustifter hit .227 with 0 HR and 4 RBI at North Greenville Univ—if anyone is interested.

I’ll tell you this—I’ll be as excited in the baseball preseason as for any season in a long time. Lots of solid young players returning in key spots....if we can just have a little bit more discipline at the plate we’ll be back in this spot next year.
Huey turned in the best Freshman performance since Walton in my opinion.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Huey turned in the best Freshman performance since Walton in my opinion.
I would love to have about 6-7 of that type player with 2-3 guys that have some pop in the lineup. We simply have to focus more on recruiting “ball players” and less on “body types”.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Next year in the new yard I think we win this thing and make it to Omaha with regional s and supers at home. Just an opinion that we should be able to really recruit better with the new park since kids like shiny stuff.
Not if we are paired up with tech. They are the gooners to Gundy
We actually beat them yesterday. And I doubt we get them in post season again next year.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Just stop with the poke choke bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed.

You watch three or four sports (or more) per year, for lots of years, your favorite teams are going to make big mistakes in big games. You’re watching college kids compete, sometimes they just fall short.

I hate that phrase so much. Every fan base that truly follows their teams will experience disappointment lots of times over the years.
And I really doubt jb_poke even watched any of this team play. I don't remember seeing him on any game threads. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. And where was he when we won the Big12 tournament?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Golf was more disappointing (even though they were stroke play champs and clearly the best team losing in a bad format of match play continues to rob us of titles and sucks), on the other hand, these baseball guys overachieved and had a hell of a late season run. Proud of these kids (well the golf kids too)! A wrap on an outstanding spring season for Oklahoma State sports programs. Golf, Baseball, and Softball all gave us outstanding teams and great play down the stretch of the year...we are clearly spoiled.

Go Pokes! Love those Cowboys!!
And track and field. Tennis did ok.

Dec 20, 2015
SW OKLA
Personally I think we hit well enough to win, could and should we have been better yeah, but 6 runs a game should be enough.

At the end of the day we were bit by the same ole thing. Inability to hold a lead late and striking out. When we got guys on we couldn’t get them in. And when we homered there was never anyone on. 2 crucial things we must fix ks and late game pitching.

Hopefully josh sees how much more effective putting the ball in play is than swinging for the fences. Huey had the best weekend of anyone and he just hit line drives.

Luckily we should have a good chunk of key players back. Navi, Boone, mccusker, Garcia, Huey. Going to lose the weakest parts of the line up in funk and tank, so hopefully they will fill in with some guys that make more contact. Going to need some arms after Scott and a catcher most likely.

Overall good season. Give me up 2 6 outs from Omaha every year. Unfortunately a bad decision burned us. I think we win at home. So the difference in 8 and 9 seed was huge. As was having to pair up with tech, which I think we all knew when saw the bracket. We should be one of the top 2 teams in the league next year. Not sure what tech has coming in but they lose the best part of their line up.

We lived by the homer and died by the homer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lived by the homer died by the strike out.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
And I really doubt jb_poke even watched any of this team play. I don't remember seeing him on any game threads. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. And where was he when we won the Big12 tournament?

He was Debbie downer in 95% of his posts, but then came back with the reverse psychology shtick after we had won.

keystonecowboy

Loyalist & Truest
A/V Subscriber
Oct 2, 2018
Stillwater
Didn't Tech sweep in Reynolds Stadium last season? Maybe the playing surface has nothing to do with it at all.

It was a great, competitive, exciting series. It's really unfortunate that the NCAA paired Tech and OSU up in the Supers as I think both teams could do some damage in Omaha.
To be fair last years osu team was completely different than this years. Entirely new starting rotation new middle infield new first baseman etc. we fielded the ball pretty well this weekend but when you played you’re whole life on dirt and grass for the most part and then have to adjust to a completely different surface especially pitching off turf opposed to dirt it’s not easy. And I previously said I think we win the series if it’s at home and we have the crowd behind us that we can feed off of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Even if the field is turf.... you always pitch off of dirt...

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Ok, now that it’s over, I’m going to say something that is probably pointless, but I’ll rant about it anyway.

Anyone else feel like our program was robbed of a really special moment by not getting to play the regional at Allie P? I’m still ticked off about it. I know that there’s no blame to to place anywhere, it’s just a really old stadium with literally no drainage in the outfield. But still, very very disappointing. Could have been a storybook ending to the facility.....

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Another thing, some of us just aren’t giving Tech enough credit. They’re really really good. They were picked preseason top 5 for a reason. The first half of the season they didn’t play like it. Second half they have. If you go back and look at the series as a whole, the difference was Josh Jung. Kid is just incredible. There’s a reason he was the 8th overall pick. I know it sounds like the old moral victory crap, but I’m proud that we competed with them pitch for pitch, on the road, the way we did. There were only two teams in America that I felt were such a bad match up for us that I didn’t want any part of them in a super regional. That was Arkansas and Tech.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Ok, now that it’s over, I’m going to say something that is probably pointless, but I’ll rant about it anyway.

Anyone else feel like our program was robbed of a really special moment by not getting to play the regional at Allie P? I’m still ticked off about it. I know that there’s no blame to to place anywhere, it’s just a really old stadium with literally no drainage in the outfield. But still, very very disappointing. Could have been a storybook ending to the facility.....
I have difficulty giving a total pass on Allie P Reynolds Stadium not having a drainage system. That's short sighted on the administration's part. It's not that hard or exorbitantly expensive to tile a baseball field. If the field had the tile system in it and the water had been managed beforehand the field would have been able to handle the water. I have such a system in a wheat field and it is a huge difference maker.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
I have difficulty giving a total pass on Allie P Reynolds Stadium not having a drainage system. That's short sighted on the administration's part. It's not that hard or exorbitantly expensive to tile a baseball field. If the field had the tile system in it and the water had been managed beforehand the field would have been able to handle the water. I have such a system in a wheat field and it is a huge difference maker.

Well, it is VERY indicative of just how neglected our baseball program has been for the last 20 years.