Super Regional Game 3

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
Very good season and a really good hard fought game. Our coaches have to figure out a way to coach more discipline at the plate and Walton showed a tendency all year to stick with pitchers a little long which cost us several games. With that said, Tech is night and day more talented and played their ass off and deserves to win.

Nice year, several returning players, good recruiting class on the way, new stadium - the future is bright.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Next year in the new yard I think we win this thing and make it to Omaha with regional s and supers at home. Just an opinion that we should be able to really recruit better with the new park since kids like shiny stuff.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
They play the post season at home every year. Not easy to win there. Especially when you have to adjust to a completely different playing surface than what you are used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Field turf has nothing to do with whiffing

Maybe affects the pitching with the sorry ass mound. I’d be embarrassed playing there...

Oct 30, 2007
I'm really proud of this program for what they accomplished this year. We were 12-6 going into conference play with losses to UT Rio Grande Valley, Wright State, & SE Louisiana. This team got better and better as the year went on. We finished with a Big 12 championship, a regional win, and a hard fought super regional loss.

It hurts now, but this was a really successful season. GO POKES!

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Pitching let us down. 21 runs in 3 games. Offensively we did ok. Tell me score 6 a game and I say we probably win the series.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Let's get real here.
We played our butts off to get this far and we played a team that we hadn't beaten in a long, long time and at their joint.
We had our chances to keep it going to Omaha, but did anyone really think the odds were in our favor going to Lubbock for this series?

We played hard. We rallied several times when we needed to. We had our chance.

Does anyone really believe we had the team to do much damage in Omaha in the first place? We really have a team that played above their potential. We really did. They fought and fought and fought.

It's hard to get so close only to lose it like we did, but TT is a tough team. They had their big plays, too.
This was a very exciting series, but the better team won. They've been the better team all year.

We don't have to praise Texas Tech, but we shouldn't bash our hitters, pitchers or coaches. They're out there doing their best and they represented Oklahoma State University well.
I'm disappointed in the loss, but proud of their efforts.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Not if we are paired up with tech. They are the gooners to Gundy
This is not football and tech is not a dynasty and they have to play in Lubbock on a shoddy turf field. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Personally I think the obsession with everything ou football is a sad one, and has absolutely NOTHING to do with baseball. Our new yard is going to make a huge difference for a team that is already knocking on the door under this coach. Future is bright...IMHO, brighter than Tech's.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Let's get real here.
We played our butts off to get this far and we played a team that we hadn't beaten in a long, long time and at their joint.
We had our chances to keep it going to Omaha, but did anyone really think the odds were in our favor going to Lubbock for this series?

We played hard. We rallied several times when we needed to. We had our chance.

Does anyone really believe we had the team to do much damage in Omaha in the first place? We really have a team that played above their potential. We really did. They fought and fought and fought.

It's hard to get so close only to lose it like we did, but TT is a tough team. They had their big plays, too.
This was a very exciting series, but the better team won. They've been the better team all year.

We don't have to praise Texas Tech, but we shouldn't bash our hitters, pitchers or coaches. They're out there doing their best and they represented Oklahoma State University well.
I'm disappointed in the loss, but proud of their efforts.

This, ALL of this.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Chill. Sometimes you get beat by s team that plays better.

Exactly! Tech's lineup is murderous. They could definitely win it all.
They won’t. Will not have the benefit of the fake turf that gives your batters hits when just putting the ball in play. They will not hit to average in Omaha.