Sunday Morning Coaches - Week 8, Dancing not allowed Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
We're in a no win situation now. Start playing Brown, maybe salvage a few games but completely destroy SS and probably divide the locker room.

Or stick with SS and hope he starts seeing things. The real loser in all of this is DB. He never got a fair shot and he's a Sr so it's now or never.

That's yet another reason why you go with the older guy in a close qb competition. If Brown had started and not worked out, Spencer could come in and start developing with much less pressure. Instead we turned our last year with Tylan and Chuba into a rebuilding year.
I don't see how playing Brown would "divide" the locker room.
Each and every player knows he has to prove himself in practice, but especially on the field be he black or white. These players have been through enough competition in high school and college to know the score.
Most of them want to prove they can go onto the next level and when you're not winning with one guy and that one guy has turned the ball over 12 times in 3 losses already has the team wondering if the other guy doesn't deserve a chance.

Of course, Gundy will drive Sanders into the tank, completely destroying his confidence by continuing to force Sanders to play so jacked up afraid and tight, Sanders will shut down.

Pull Sanders out for a while. Make he get his head and play back into the game. Give some other players their chance to shine, DAMN IT!
Gundy is such a boneheaded, pigheaded, bullheaded knucklehead sometimes.

If you can't pull Sanders out, put in some Brown/Sanders packages to give Sanders the run/pass option and allow Brown to throw the rock, DAMN IT!!

This is why I call for Gundy's replacement -- too stubborn to attempt new things when his old things aren't working.

If Sanders were my son, I'd tell him he needs to sit down and get his head right before he goes back into the game.
When I'm playing golf and I start doing stupid crap with my swing and it starts to get into my head, I won't continue to develop bad habits. I will quit the course and go to the range of take the rest of the day off so I don't allow those bad habits to form.

You've got to break the bad patterns of behavior.

Nov 6, 2010
We're in a no win situation now. Start playing Brown, maybe salvage a few games but completely destroy SS and probably divide the locker room.

Or stick with SS and hope he starts seeing things. The real loser in all of this is DB. He never got a fair shot and he's a Sr so it's now or never.

That's yet another reason why you go with the older guy in a close qb competition. If Brown had started and not worked out, Spencer could come in and start developing with much less pressure. Instead we turned our last year with Tylan and Chuba into a rebuilding year.
I don't see how you divide a locker room by benching a QB that is giving the ball away like halloween candy. My thought is leaving him in will do more damage in that area, particularly with the upper-classmen who are getting tired of losing.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I don't want to even grade this game, so I'm grading the tailgate.

Here are my grades:
FOOD: A+.
The pitmaster was really on his game today. Always love when they mix it up by bringing out the corn souffle. It really took it to the house.

ATTENDANCE: A-
Seemed like there could have been more people, and not one Baylor fan joined in?
But it was fun to hangout and......

KARAOKE: Solid A
Really good selections from the playlist, and mostly in tune singing.
What solidified the grade though, was the way it was finished up. The group effort from the guys on that last song was superb.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
Ahh....
The Oline thing again this year

Gundy is a magician at getting people to buy into this excuse year after year after year.

We have the Nations leading rusher

Well... actually im too lazy to look up to see if Chuba is the Nations leading rusher at the moment, but he's up there.

We run the ball 64% of the time. Dillon Stoner, a slot receiver that should be catching a bunch of short passes, had 0 catches yesterday.

Our Oline is the least of our issues

Run the right scheme, like we used to, and that excuse would go away.

Gundy has his name on the scheme we're running right now and it's not working.

So.....
He needs a scape goat

Qb needs 15 games
OL is inconsistent
Blah blah blah

At the end of the day all they are are excuses to justify a change in schematics that has blown up in his face. Changes that he has forced on everyone and changes no one wanted.

I prefer not to let him off the hook by buying into his excuses.

Gundy will bring down the ship trying to prove he's right about these schematic changes before he swallows his pride and lets someone re institute either the read option or Air Raid, the 2 offenses we've had success with, but weren't his.
Ding ding ding...we have another winner...

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Ahh....
The Oline thing again this year

Gundy is a magician at getting people to buy into this excuse year after year after year.

We have the Nations leading rusher

Well... actually im too lazy to look up to see if Chuba is the Nations leading rusher at the moment, but he's up there.

We run the ball 64% of the time. Dillon Stoner, a slot receiver that should be catching a bunch of short passes, had 0 catches yesterday.

Our Oline is the least of our issues

Run the right scheme, like we used to, and that excuse would go away.

Gundy has his name on the scheme we're running right now and it's not working.

So.....
He needs a scape goat

Qb needs 15 games
OL is inconsistent
Blah blah blah

At the end of the day all they are are excuses to justify a change in schematics that has blown up in his face. Changes that he has forced on everyone and changes no one wanted.

I prefer not to let him off the hook by buying into his excuses.

Gundy will bring down the ship trying to prove he's right about these schematic changes before he swallows his pride and lets someone re institute either the read option or Air Raid, the 2 offenses we've had success with, but weren't his.
Spot on.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
This is beginning to feel like reading political news articles. If I see the source, I pretty much know what side the story will take.
Well I'm still a swing voter, so Gundy should be sucking up to me like Trump to Florida.

Nov 20, 2007
Can we also please get rid of the D-Coordinator
Spencer is definitely a huge issue with turnovers. However, this defense is atrocious! We have zero push up front and our secondary as a result gets lit up.

Why does Gundy continually hire top assistance from non power 5 schools with no relationships within the high school recruiting terriorty we pull from?