Sunday Morning Coaches - Week 6, Tortilla Tossers Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
The game at Troy was worse. Far worse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Why? Was that game featuring a qb that we didn’t bother to prepare for? Aren’t you tired of making 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks look like world champions? Bill Snyder took advantage of this scenario over and over and it always worked well on us. Regardless, some serious coaching was badly needed. Someone needed to put Brown in at least after the third turnover but didn’t. Very tiresome. Wreaks of softness and no hunger.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
Worst game in the Gundy era.
At least the worst game in the modern Gundy era - last 10 years or so......
Except last years Tech game. That was one to forget. And the TCU game. Have we reset all the “records” yet? Every time an announcer says “They haven’t beat the Cowboys in XX years on this field”, I cringe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Except last years Tech game. That was one to forget. And the TCU game. Have we reset all the “records” yet? Every time an announcer says “They haven’t beat the Cowboys in XX years on this field”, I cringe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh oh Jayhawks.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
As has been mentioned before, I keep going back to the Yurcich hire when so many people on this board were pleading for Lincoln Riley to be considered. I have my thoughts regarding why he wasn't considered, but I will keep it to myself.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
OK, I give up. Our coach is the best! He makes all the choices that are best for the team, and consistently puts a quality product on the field. Not only that, but he has shown himself wholly capable of making in-game adjustments on the fly, preparing the team to hit the field (they NEVER look like they are sleepwalking, do they?), making impeccable personnel decisions, and has the CEO mentality that any Fortune 50 company would be luck to have. Finally, I concede that he is extremely flexible in his mindset, not at all prone to beating his head against the wall hoping that maybe running it up the middle three times and kicking a field goal outcome will change!

:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

OH YEAH!!

Sep 21, 2019
Fargo
When Gundy was hired he was so excited to get the job. He wanted to show the les miles how shit was done in cowboy nation. He had a fire in him and it was good until his ego got to be bigger than his ability. He started browsing other jobs to get more and more money. He hired some really good O.C.s then decided he knew more about offense than anybody so he started hiring guy he could put his thumb on. Defense has been below average at best since day one partially due the unbelievable offenses in conference. Now his ego and hair are running a tight race on which is bigger. He knows his job is good until he decides other wise. He has became passive about the game. His coaching has became average at best. Our teams have not be prepared they play with the same edge he coaches. It happens to lots of coaches ( stoops, mac brown, spurrier). It's human nature. I believe we have peaked on what gundy can do and maybe nobody else can ever get us past the hump but wish he had that fire in his eyes , his coaching that he once had.