Sunday Morning Coaches - Week 12, Fried Chicken Hawk Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Good points. I’ll disagree on Chuba returning KO’s. It’s the most dangerous play in football in regards to injury. That’s why the NFL is doing everything they can to eliminate them.

I’d rather Chuba get his 25 touches rushing and catching and still pray he doesn’t get hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dez Bryant returned punts and was pretty good at it. Let the best players play. There is no point in keeping them on the shelf. That said, there are other players on the team as fast as Chuba who are returning kickoffs.
Depends on your risk tolerance. The NCAA eliminated blocking wedges for kick off teams in 2010. Dez had some additional protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm starting to become a believer in the defense. .
When I read this I heard ominous music like in a horror movie when they say "what a great weekend to be at the cabin" right before the hatchet killer peeks in the window.

Jul 9, 2004
Defense A. I still do not like that zone coverage we run and it gives up too many easy completions. However, the front 7 (6) were absolutely dominant and that is always good to see. Ogbongbemiga was everywhere that 1st half, I was stunned when I looked at the stats and saw he only had 6 tackles all game, thought I heard his name called more than that. Ford is a future star and Harvel Peel had himself another great game. It's not rocket science, when OSU wins the TO battle, we usually win the game. DB's played pretty good in man, just hate that freaking zone.
This...

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Atmosphere was A+++. Great time. Great fans. Great food. Great drink. Great weather. Heck, there was some great football too. Been thinking hard about the Atta boy of the week award (ABTWA). Two games in a row it’s been defense related and defense was on fire again. There was a different fire I saw at the game however. Late hit, out of bounds, into the wall. Felt the hit in my seats as well as hearing the hit. Worst wall hit in my 24 year tenure. And the fire ignited some passion, some hunger, some GUNDY!!!! Good to see him back where he belongs, chewing on referees asses. The ABTWA goes to the MAN! Welcome back home Mike.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Offense B. The long pass by Sanders to Stoner may have been his best pass all year, perfectly dropped into his hands right in stride, he made some other very good throws as well. I gave a B because the blocking still has to get better from everybody, Line, RB's WR's.....all of them. 8 TFL's against KU is too many. 3-12 on 3rd downs is not enough. But at the end of the day, they were efficient and quietly racked up almost 450 yards.

Yes the ball flight went perfect, but I am not too happy with the throwing motion. Slow release and he was putting it all for the throw. Hard to perfect at high percentages with that arm motion

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Atmosphere was A+++. Great time. Great fans. Great food. Great drink. Great weather. Heck, there was some great football too. Been thinking hard about the Atta boy of the week award (ABTWA). Two games in a row it’s been defense related and defense was on fire again. There was a different fire I saw at the game however. Late hit, out of bounds, into the wall. Felt the hit in my seats as well as hearing the hit. Worst wall hit in my 24 year tenure. And the fire ignited some passion, some hunger, some GUNDY!!!! Good to see him back where he belongs, chewing on referees asses. The ABTWA goes to the MAN! Welcome back home Mike.
I assume you are talking about the late hit on Stoner? HCMG was pissed about that not getting a flag and the protection of his player.

I will say it's weird that certain posters are absent unless we lose...axes to grind and such when we do lose, but don't seem to show up very often when we win. Wonder why? ;) I do see some disparaging remarks about certain head coaches on another "newer" site however...maybe they are there now?

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
Is it me, or does it seem like defenses in general in the league this year have figured out the spread/RPO offenses. Sure seems that whole narrative of no defense being played in the Big XII is getting blown out of the water this year. Lots of low scoring games.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Is it me, or does it seem like defenses in general in the league this year have figured out the spread/RPO offenses. Sure seems that whole narrative of no defense being played in the Big XII is getting blown out of the water this year. Lots of low scoring games.
But everybody outside the Big 12 will just say "oh the offenses are down this year though".

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I assume you are talking about the late hit on Stoner? HCMG was pissed about that not getting a flag and the protection of his player.

I will say it's weird that certain posters are absent unless we lose...axes to grind and such when we do lose, but don't seem to show up very often when we win. Wonder why? ;) I do see some disparaging remarks about certain head coaches on another "newer" site however...maybe they are there now?
That’s the one. Funny how it happened 2 more times. Almost as if it was done on purpose. As if.