Sunday Morning Coaches - Week 10, Leaping Horny Toads edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
I have not been able to keep up with post game or practice pressers, but has the question been asked to Gundy or Gleeson on the lack of creativity in the offense? Besides perhaps a play here and there, it has been quite vanilla since Oregon State. Easy answer is they're scared to unleash Sanders, but I''d like to hear their thoughts.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Easy answer is they're scared to unleash Sanders, but I''d like to hear their thoughts.
Gundy has hinted at it, but I think the easy answer is the correct answer. With the turnovers they are trying to keep Sanders in his lane until the game slows down a bit for him.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Except when he might be talking about Miles...
I don't hate Les Miles...loved him when he was here, just saw some issues with overlooking certain types of behavior depending on your talent level. Maybe he was clueless to it...maybe he condoned it...but it certainly happened. I actually like HCMG so much because I see him as a program protector (i.e. Culture guy) as much as a head coach that cares about winning games. So this same "culture" that drives some members of this board crazy is the EXACT reason why many of us see him as the perfect head coach for OSU.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I have not been able to keep up with post game or practice pressers, but has the question been asked to Gundy or Gleeson on the lack of creativity in the offense? Besides perhaps a play here and there, it has been quite vanilla since Oregon State. Easy answer is they're scared to unleash Sanders, but I''d like to hear their thoughts.
Watch the run game a bit closer. There have been all kinds of wrinkles added since the beginning of the season.

The coaches have also added some unique pass formations and plays...they just haven’t really worked for one reason or another (mainly Sanders’s youth struggles).

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
For @RxCowboy ’s question, the last time OSU only completed nine passes and won the game was 2009 against Texas Tech. The dreaded Zac Robinson injury game.

TCU’s defense is designed to take away the middle of the field. That’s why there weren’t more passes into the short/intermediate center part of the field.

We saw a few more deep balls because without Wallace playing, Patterson elected to play his safeties more aggressively instead of dropping them back like most defenses have against Wallace.

The coaching staff did a great job both offensively and defensively. Offensively, they attacked the edges with Sanders’s run game early and that paid dividends later on Chuba’s runs where defenders had to respect Sanders.

On defense, we hit them early, they adjusted and hit us back. We then adjusted to that and they had no answer. Seven total points allowed in the second half when it mattered and we weren’t just trying to kill clock.

Last edited: