Sunday Morning Coaches - Pound the Purple Kitties edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 8, 2010
Great post, as always on Sunday's after games.

Agree with most all points...especially on the helmets...IMHO we will see these again. So different from anything I've ever seen us wear but they appear to be something we have been wearing for years. I'd almost say they should be one of our new standard marks (i.e. Cowboys Cursive).
View attachment 86957

Defense won the game...offense played so much better in the first half. I was out of control calling for SI and I still think he is most definitely our future, but SS played much better in the second half and helped us salvage a win on hurt wheels and shoulders. I'm so glad we have a week off for everyone to heal, we are going to need an offense to beat ou.

A good win...but their offense isn't squat compared to the squats. We have to play BOTH offense and defense in two weeks in Norman to make this happen. Thing is, we are the better team this year in terms of talent...sans our patch o-line and maybe QB to QB. What has to happen is the entire offensive team needs a wake up call to start playing the urgency on every play. This should happen in Norman, because it's ou. I can't predict a win...because I don't need my feelings hurt nor a heart attack when we play like we typically do in this game...but I really want too.
Isn’t that the same Cowboy script that the basketball team used to have on their uniforms during the Eddie Sutton era? It Looked pretty good as a helmet logo.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I think he was made about the flag thrown on the hurry up but I don’t remember the flag, offsides?
I’d have to look again but thought the 1st n goal KSU had too many guys or were still on our side of the ball (ie off sides) and it didn’t get called

not sure what happened to the “challenge flag” but we don’t see those anymore

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I was looking for an outsider insight to the game this past week.

From a KSU fan message site:

Re: OSU game thread
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2020, 03:43:09 PM »

Quote from: wetwillie on November 07, 2020, 03:41:22 PM
Sanders is hurt, when our DLine inevitably knocks him out do they have a decent backup?​

Sanders kind of sucks so I’m ok with him staying in there

Quote from: MakeItRain on November 07, 2020, 03:53:17 PM
Sanders is hurt, when our DLine inevitably knocks him out do they have a decent backup?​

Yes, they do, he's missed three games this year.​

Better not knock him out then it sounds like.

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I was looking for an outsider insight to the game this past week.

From a KSU fan message site:

Re: OSU game thread
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2020, 03:43:09 PM »

Quote from: wetwillie on November 07, 2020, 03:41:22 PM

Sanders kind of sucks so I’m ok with him staying in there

Quote from: MakeItRain on November 07, 2020, 03:53:17 PM

Yes, they do, he's missed three games this year.​

Better not knock him out then it sounds like.
Yes, the perspective of opposing fans who are unknowledgeable and haven't watched him play is very useful. Their brilliant QB turned the ball over 3 times in the fourth quarter, so...

eye peering over glasses tommy lee jones.jpg

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I think his next level position is free safety. If he is hungry enough, he'd move to FS, and can have an NFL career at FS.
I think he's too fragile for the pounding he'd have to WANT TO dish out.

However, we can agree that he will never see the NFL as a QB. UNLESS someone discovers a new, herbal suppliment that increases QB awareness by 100%.
You've either got it or you don't.

Sanders is a great guy and very talented, but he doesn't have the "It" factor when the game is on. He shows flashes of brilliance, but, honestly, do you feel he can take over a game and/or lead the team down the field when the game is on the line?

I'd love for him to get that new suppliment.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Yes, the perspective of opposing fans who are unknowledgeable and haven't watched him play is very useful. Their brilliant QB turned the ball over 3 times in the fourth quarter, so...

View attachment 86981
Oh, so they're unlike you in your superior knowledge of football and what a team's real needs are?
Is that you saying that YOU can see the faults and know all of the ins and outs as a fan, but KSU fans cannot?
Should I put this ONE MORE WAY for you to understand the hypocrisy, pretentiousness and condescension of your statement? Or are you intelligent and humble enough to see it?

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater

View attachment 86981
Oh, so they're unlike you in your superior knowledge of football and what a team's real needs are?
Is that you saying that YOU can see the faults and know all of the ins and outs as a fan, but KSU fans cannot?
Should I put this ONE MORE WAY for you to understand the hypocrisy, pretentiousness and condescension of your statement? Or are you intelligent and humble enough to see it?
He’s saying that people who watched a player more have a better understanding of him than those who haven’t. Not exactly a hot take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
You're kidding, right? He was spectacular last week, if he can keep from turning the ball over. The potential for greatness is there.
Oh, so he was spectacular (when he can keep from turning the ball over)? Haha. That's almost funny, especially the way you say it. I love your "potential" to make sense. Hell, don't we all have potential for greatness?!
I remember a guy that could dominate as a pitcher in high school. No one could hit him. He had so much potential for greatness in pro baseball, but he couldn't command a curve ball.
Potential means NOTHING
It's a consistent results driven business, RxCowboy.

Aug 7, 2006
Isn’t that the same Cowboy script that the basketball team used to have on their uniforms during the Eddie Sutton era? It Looked pretty good as a helmet logo.
It is. The script Cowboys and script Cowgirls are now official wordmarks used by the athletic department. I've been wanting to see it on the helmets for a while now.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Sanders is a great guy and very talented, but he doesn't have the "It" factor when the game is on. He shows flashes of brilliance, but, honestly, do you feel he can take over a game and/or lead the team down the field when the game is on the line?

You mean like that 1 min drill last week vs UT to get the FG to take us to overtime .. . . maybe, oh he did !

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
I think he's too fragile for the pounding he'd have to WANT TO dish out.

However, we can agree that he will never see the NFL as a QB. UNLESS someone discovers a new, herbal suppliment that increases QB awareness by 100%.
You've either got it or you don't.

The problem is that Rx control all the supplements. Rx don't think he needs any.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
You're kidding, right? He was spectacular last week, if he can keep from turning the ball over. The potential for greatness is there.
With his indecisiveness and holding the ball too long, poor read, inaccurate passing and passing behind running receivers, I am seeing POTENTIAL of more turnovers.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
With his indecisiveness and holding the ball too long, poor read, inaccurate passing and passing behind running receivers, I am seeing POTENTIAL of more turnovers.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
And that's what I said in the OP, that if he can find something in between he can be very, very good.

Against Texas he was 27 of 39 for 400 yards, 4 TDs, 1 Int. That gives him an NCAA QB rating of 184.1, which is very good. That's an NFL rating of 126.01, which is also very good. He also had 55 yards rushing, before subtracting the yardage for the 5 sacks.

Clearly, he got the message about turning the ball over. It made him indecisive, which he was not against Texas. Also, clearly not having Wallace on the field affected him. Plus, Tom and Dave were saying that he wasn't 100%. The o-line is also banged up. I think the play where he was sacked just before our field goal which gave us the lead, when he didn't fumble the ball was the biggest play of the game.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Clearly if not fumbling on a sack is the biggest play of the game there is some major concern over ball security even with you RX. Also acknowledging that him having to think about not turning the ball over makes him less effective is another step in the maybe he doesn't have the awareness needed to be above average as a QB in the NCAA. Does he have the athletic ability to be great? Absolutely, but the bigger part of playing QB isn't athletic ability, its the ability to read defenses pre-snap and the awareness to make the right decisions without having to think about it. And that's the part that is glaring with Spencer Sanders.