Sunday Morning Coaches - Buh Bye Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia are the 3 that stand out compare to the rest of the country. Georgia’s defense is elite...yes they gave up 21 in the first half, but shutout a quality Tennessee team in the second. Curious to see what their offense looks like with JT Daniels at QB. Bama offense is elite...their defense got lit up by lane kiffin, but that same defense dominated Texas A&M the week before and A&M hung 41 to upset Florida...Clemson is simply the top dog and definitely the favorite to win it all...by far the most complete team in college football. Their DL is flat out filthy...OU must really regret letting Venables go to Clemson.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Ou was definitely the better team, the fact that it went to the first overtime is 100% on the OU DC, prevent defense preventing victory once again. Erhlinger plays hard and has some really good aspects to his game, but if you keep him in the pocket and make him make tough throws, he cant do it. The rest of UT is garbage, all talent no heart. Herman will be done soon.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Cant stop the Yurcich bashing, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you defend throwing the ball 30 yards downfield on 3rd and 1?
And you know it was the OCs call? Most every play has a run and pass option. How do we know it wasn’t a QB read. BTW, it was about 12-15 tds downfield. BTW2, better throw or QB tuck and run and it would have worked.

Just like in Stillwater, it’s always the OC, never the personnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
As much as I dislike Texas, I have to admire Ehlinger's heart and competitive spirit. He's the only one on the team. If they had just one more player with half as much desire as Ehlinger to win, they would have won yesterday. They're missing Duverney. That dude always came up with a big catch on 3rd down.

If the post game images of Ehlinger being the only player on the field for the playing of "I've been working on the railroad" is any indication, they're toast. Really bad burnt toast.
I became a fan of his yesterday.

Apr 7, 2006
Texas looked done by midway through the 3rd qtr - and should have been. I get annoyed by announcers talking about Ehlinger but he gives 100%, seems to care deeply about the tradition of Texas football and seems like a good kid - so I tip my hat to him. I would be surprised to see Texas finish with a winning record. It seems like the program is headed for the ditch. OU isn't far from the same boat. They'll be energized by winning the rivalry game, but I think if they get a little adversity they'll fold (just a feeling I have).

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I became a fan of his yesterday.
Me too. I was gushing so much on the Discord chat that I was expecting someone to accuse me of a bromance. it was a gutsy performance.

He carried that team and almost won the game. It’s a shame it ended on him throwing an interception. He was the only one stepping up consistently for the team.

Nov 6, 2010
Clemson, Alabama, and Georgia are the 3 that stand out compare to the rest of the country. Georgia’s defense is elite...yes they gave up 21 in the first half, but shutout a quality Tennessee team in the second. Curious to see what their offense looks like with JT Daniels at QB. Bama offense is elite...their defense got lit up by lane kiffin, but that same defense dominated Texas A&M the week before and A&M hung 41 to upset Florida...Clemson is simply the top dog and definitely the favorite to win it all...by far the most complete team in college football. Their DL is flat out filthy...OU must really regret letting Venables go to Clemson.
I don't know about Bama, their defense in that game was really terrible, but the Ole Miss QB did play a heck of a game. I think Najee Harris may be the best back in the nation this year. I think GA beats them this week, but I agree with you about Clemson, they're just too good. It will take a monumental effort for anyone to beat them this year.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I don't know about Bama, their defense in that game was really terrible, but the Ole Miss QB did play a heck of a game. I think Najee Harris may be the best back in the nation this year. I think GA beats them this week, but I agree with you about Clemson, they're just too good. It will take a monumental effort for anyone to beat them this year.
I thought maybe that this would be one of those years where Georgia, Tennessee, and Floriduh all lose to each other in a round-robin fashion, but after last weekend I think Georgia is clearly the better of the three.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Well if you read my post, you would’ve saw that I mention their defense getting lit up by lane kiffin, who obviously coaches ole miss. I also mention this is the same defense that performed well against A&M, who beat Florida. I don’t know what to make of their defense. Their offense is elite and will score on anyone...including Georgia. Could Georgia will sure, but will I be surprised if bama wins...absolutely not.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Holgy would do it. Do the unexpected. Take what the defense gives you.
While true, Holgy's play likely wouldn't have been a 30 yard fade. His offense was built around complimentary routes that put a DB in space where a qb could throw a guy open. We saw it in our last game when Illy was able to put the ball into an area where our guy could go get it (Johnson, Wallace). I realize this may have had more to do with KUs ineptitude than our scheme (time will tell), but to me it is a much more assertive play than the long fade. We have feasted on the fade with Biletnikoff-level receivers, but ut wasn't likely to win that game with a long fade to Average Joe.

Nov 6, 2010
Well if you read my post, you would’ve saw that I mention their defense getting lit up by lane kiffin, who obviously coaches ole miss. I also mention this is the same defense that performed well against A&M, who beat Florida. I don’t know what to make of their defense. Their offense is elite and will score on anyone...including Georgia. Could Georgia will sure, but will I be surprised if bama wins...absolutely not.
The thing that stuck out to me was how Miss kept gashing Bama with slow developing run plays. Alabama usually has such dominant players at dline and lb they're very tough to run on. They just didn't seem to have it in that game, but maybe they had some guys out or something. They just looked really average up front to me.