Sunday Morning Coaches - Buh Bye Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The only game I saw yesterday was the OU-UT. What I saw was two awful football teams that tried hard to give the game away to each other. OU actually looked decent in the 3rd quarter, but then collapsed in the 4th. Rattler tends to lock on to his primary receiver and I'm not sure I saw him make it past a 2nd option. Our secondary should have at least a couple of picks.

Texas is a hot mess. Undisciplined and sloppy. Their playcalling is stupid. Yurcich and Herman deserve each other. A personal foul by a punter? Really? I'm not sure what Texas has other than Ehrlinger. I think he's still dangerous to us with our history against mobile quarterbacks.

Those of you who watched the other games yesterday, what were your evaluations?

Well

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
K-State is solid. Their first game (arky state?) was an aberration.

Clemson is more solid than any other team in the nation. The only thing that can take them down is covid. I'll go ahead and crown them now as national title winner.

OU/TX was a slobberknocker. Agreed each team fought to lose. But what I saw is that rattler is going to be a serviceable to good qb. Any team taking Ou lightly will get their jock straps wrapped around their head.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The only game I saw yesterday was the OU-UT. What I saw was two awful football teams that tried hard to give the game away to each other. OU actually looked decent in the 3rd quarter, but then collapsed in the 4th. Rattler tends to lock on to his primary receiver and I'm not sure I saw him make it past a 2nd option. Our secondary should have at least a couple of picks.

Texas is a hot mess. Undisciplined and sloppy. Their playcalling is stupid. Yurcich and Herman deserve each other. A personal foul by a punter? Really? I'm not sure what Texas has other than Ehrlinger. I think he's still dangerous to us with our history against mobile quarterbacks.

I watched several parts of others games and felt that the SEC is now playing like the BIG 12 did five years ago. I watched most of Bama vs Ole Miss. It was one of those games where you expected the last team with the ball to win. I also saw the fumble in the Arkansas game vs Auburn and Arkie got jobbed pretty bad IMHO, that was SEC refs preserving ranking for Auburn who has NO BUSINESS being ranked after losing to Arkie (yes I realize they "won") but they didn't really win...they were handed an opportunity to kick a field goal that GAVE THEM the win. IMHO it was as bad as the Missouri fifth down...or the extra play given after the game was over, verses Central Michigan. A player fumbled the snap, picked it up and then clocked it backwards...which is a fumble, not a pass...call was totally botched.

Clemson continues to be the only team that looks the part to me...all others, including Bama and Georgia look like they can be beaten any given Saturday...not much different than the Big 12, if at all. In fact ISU looks good...KSU and TCU look decent...OU and Texas a rung below those three. Tech is bad as is KU...not sure with Baylor and WVU. We actually should win the conference this year...we are the most complete team in it.

The best part was all the games were fun and enjoyable to watch...several great match ups and tight ball games...almost like the old days. Crowds were down, but they were loud and made teams jump offsides even in Oxford, Alabama jumped due to crowd noise...some environments would have been absolutely amazing without crowd size restrictions. That was interesting in this crazy year. I just hope we can continue to play and that Baylor gets well so we can go down and prove we are the best in the league against what is likely at least a talented team.

One of the most interesting results of Saturday is that now some coaches are starting to call for their massive home field advantages back. A notable example being the Florida coach who wants his 92,000 fans in the stadium asap. He said they are in a state that allows it and he wants to do it. I completely understand and agree with not doing that right now, but aside from that it's interesting when the major powers are limited to less fans and how it actually levels the playing field. I've always claimed that fanbase size is a HUGE advantage in creating a dynasty...that notion that the one thing holding OSU back has been fanbase gameday size has been fought tooth and nail on this board over the years. I think this year will and is proving out that idea.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Cant stop the Yurcich bashing, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Cant stop the Yurcich bashing, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was not a Yurcich basher, but you have to admit the guy had at least one drive in every single game that would make you scratch your head. Usually had one game each year that did the same. He’s a good OC IMHO, but just doesn’t have the complete package.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
SEC claims that Arky didn’t recover immediately so that why they let the spike stand

but that means ref screwed buy blowI got the whistle

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
T... Texas is a hot mess. Undisciplined and sloppy. Their playcalling is stupid. Yurcich and Herman deserve each other. A personal foul by a punter? Really? I'm not sure what Texas has other than Ehrlinger. ...
As much as I dislike Texas, I have to admire Ehlinger's heart and competitive spirit. He's the only one on the team. If they had just one more player with half as much desire as Ehlinger to win, they would have won yesterday. They're missing Duverney. That dude always came up with a big catch on 3rd down.

If the post game images of Ehlinger being the only player on the field for the playing of "I've been working on the railroad" is any indication, they're toast. Really bad burnt toast.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
As much as I dislike Texas, I have to admire Ehlinger's heart and competitive spirit. He's the only one on the team. If they had just one more player with half as much desire as Ehlinger to win, they would have won yesterday. They're missing Duverney. That dude always came up with a big catch on 3rd down.

If the post game images of Ehlinger being the only player on the field for the playing of "I've been working on the railroad" is any indication, they're toast. Really bad burnt toast.
If they could have just kept from shooting themselves in the foot... stupid mental errors.

P.S. It's "The Eyes of Texas". Same melody, different song.