Summer Thread #2: What does your screen name mean?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 31, 2004
Watauga, TX
I was born and raised in Stillwater. Both my parents and my sister went to Oklahoma State. After graduating my parents both worked for OSU. I received both my BS and MS from OSU. My roots in Stillwater run deep just as the phrase, still water "runs deep".

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
When I joined Orangepower, I was working/living in Austin, Tx. SO...............oSuAusTex

Since 2014, I am now living in the great city of Stillwater and enjoying going to many oSu sports events.

I sure don't miss the freaking traffic problems in Austin, and it was getting worse every year I was there.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tu...7d2e8b6e-5f69-58da-964d-c9532b7a53a1.amp.html

This is where I get my screen name from. The amount of boo hooing in this article is hilarious and proves what this state’s media is all about.

Adding to the mystery is that it’s not clear if it was Clarkson’s newspaper or Ptak’s.

Definitely the most fun bedlam moment from my time as a student in Stillwater. I wish I could have been there for it. I was at the previous night’s game in which Brae Wright carved up a potent OU lineup and shut them out, making them look like a JV lineup.

Chairman of the Board

Territorial Marshal
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Have been "Ryno" since my freshman year of high school. Football coach called me that (typical nickname for Ryan). Used it on the first ever CyberPokes forum when it was on the Austin American Statesman site... then added "Darth" just for fun about 10 years ago?
I was on that site, too! I was justPOKEinaround. I was in college, I had bad ideas.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Cowboyinexile

Cowboy is obvious. Exile, well I left Stillwater for Brookings South Dakota to go to grad school in 2002. About a year later I discovered message boards and it was a way to connect. I thought it was cute as I was hundreds of miles away but with the power of the internet still here. If I ever get back home long term I'm changing my name to Prodicalpoke but for now it fits.

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
I live in a very rural area west of highway 81 in Oklahoma. I raise cows and crops for a living. My sooner wife has always called me the cowboy who roped her heart. All I ever wanted to be was a cowboy (farmer/rancher was a more appropriate description I learned when I got older but Western Oklahoma Cowboy comes across cooler than Western Oklahoma Farmer/Rancher)

Oct 21, 2013
Austin Texas
When I joined Orangepower, I was working/living in Austin, Tx. SO...............oSuAusTex

Since 2014, I am now living in the great city of Stillwater and enjoying going to many oSu sports events.

I sure don't miss the freaking traffic problems in Austin, and it was getting worse every year I was there.
You should see it now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 31, 2013
Mine isn't too creative. I'm from Missouri (MO) and I use to rope calves in rodeos until I tore my shoulder up a few years ago.

agec

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 7, 2004
Mulhall
Got my B.S. and M.S. from OSU in Ag. Econ. AGEC is the 4 digit course code for the courses offered in the Department of Agricultural Economics. And I was too lazy to capitalize the letters for my screen name.

Sep 3, 2009
Hmmm I am sure everyone is having a hard time with mine!! Yes... I went to OSU and was living in Edmond... now the twist.... I live in Nashville now!!