Summer Thread #2: What does your screen name mean?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Mine is Rx because I'm a pharmacist and Cowboy, because, well. I also thought it was kind of a clever play on "drug store cowboy". I have an OSU hat that I custom ordered with RxCowboy embroidered on the side so if I ever show up at a tailgate you'll know who I am.

Aug 16, 2012
Was originally OSUinCO on sites such as this because I was in Colorado when I started participating in online boards. Not particularly creative but there are not a whole lot of OSU folks in Colorado so it was relatively unique.... but cannot tell you the number of times it was assumed I was affiliated with Ohio State.
Started with this board shortly after moving to Texas and was actually surprised the moniker was not already taken. Not as unique since there are tons of OSU alums in Texas. In the process of moving, possibly to Falcon Head Golf Course outside of Marietta as the years wind down, so I will be misrepresented or have to change my name here.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
Mine is Rx because I'm a pharmacist and Cowboy, because, well. I also thought it was kind of a clever play on "drug store cowboy". I have an OSU hat that I custom ordered with RxCowboy embroidered on the side so if I ever show up at a tailgate you'll know who I am.
Actually did not know you were a pharmacist until a few years ago. Prior to that, I always took your moniker as meaning something like "being a Cowboy cures all your ills" or something similar to mean life is better as a Cowboy. I do like the drugstore cowboy connotation.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Fairly obvious: My last name Peterson and I have been called "Pete" all my life, so I have always had a lot of interest in the original Pistol Pete. I've done some research in to Frank Eaton and continue to look for more information as I have time. Close to retirement at which point I'll ramp that up a little more.

Last edited:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Well lets see, I have a Psychology degree from OSU and am also a rabid supporter of OSU athletics so my name was easy to come up with...

The better question is who recognizes the meaning of my tag line?

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Have been "Ryno" since my freshman year of high school. Football coach called me that (typical nickname for Ryan). Used it on the first ever CyberPokes forum when it was on the Austin American Statesman site... then added "Darth" just for fun about 10 years ago?

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
When I was a kid and I would say "Well!", my dad, who was in the oil business, would say," That's a mighty deep subject for such a shallow mind as yours." Now I'm in the oil production business with a degree in Petroleum Engineering Technology.
My grandpa ran an independent oil operation...same dang line!

keystonecowboy

Loyalist & Truest
A/V Subscriber
Oct 2, 2018
Stillwater
While growing up my dad drank Coors Light. I, wanting to be nothing like my dad (who I am exactly like) swore to never purchase Coors Light and instead began to drink the bottom of the Coors Light barrel, Keystone Light. Because I am smart and my dad is not, so ha.