Summer League Baseball 2019

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2019
US
Scott had the lowest era [0.0] in the cape. No runs scored, 11 innings, 17 Ks, 0.73 whip. Consistent 2 seam back to 92mph. Curve back with good command.

He is signing with the Angels next week. Head scout Matt Swanson called him the best in the Cape this summer.

Unfortunate loss for the Pokes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Scott had the lowest era [0.0] in the cape. No runs scored, 11 innings, 17 Ks, 0.73 whip. Consistent 2 seam back to 92mph. Curve back with good command.

He is signing with the Angels next week. Head scout Matt Swanson called him the best in the Cape this summer.

Unfortunate loss for the Pokes.

Certainly don’t blame the kid. I don’t blame any pitcher who has any kind of arm trouble in the past for jumping at the opportunity to go play pro ball.

Not going to act like this is positive for our team going into next year, but it certainly opens a huge door for several of our young pitchers on staff. It’ll be interesting to see who takes the opportunity and runs with it. Osmond and Davis are obvious choices, but I wouldn’t rule out Bowman or even John Kelly. I love Kelly’s demeanor on the mound.

Going into the fall, positions to watch will definitely be who emerges at catcher, CF, 3rd starter, and who develops into reliable bullpen arms. Corner outfield looks to be covered, and an infield of Garcia, Hewitt, Morrill, and Polcovich could be very very good.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Certainly don’t blame the kid. I don’t blame any pitcher who has any kind of arm trouble in the past for jumping at the opportunity to go play pro ball.

Not going to act like this is positive for our team going into next year, but it certainly opens a huge door for several of our young pitchers on staff. It’ll be interesting to see who takes the opportunity and runs with it. Osmond and Davis are obvious choices, but I wouldn’t rule out Bowman or even John Kelly. I love Kelly’s demeanor on the mound.

Going into the fall, positions to watch will definitely be who emerges at catcher, CF, 3rd starter, and who develops into reliable bullpen arms. Corner outfield looks to be covered, and an infield of Garcia, Hewitt, Morrill, and Polcovich could be very very good.
Well said. I’m very happy for Parker but that is a big blow. I really do wish him the best.

Next man up in Stillwater.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
I know it’s a long way off but has anyone heard if we are going to do the fall scrimmage with Vandy this year? Seemed like it worked out well for both teams.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Hopefully Stone stays healthy and becomes the ace of this staff. He has shown such potential throughout his career. He looked really good against Baylor in May so I was surprised we didn’t see more of him in the postseason.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Hopefully Stone stays healthy and becomes the ace of this staff. He has shown such potential throughout his career. He looked really good against Baylor in May so I was surprised we didn’t see more of him in the postseason.

Hopefully Stone can do what Heaney did. Heaney really struggled his sophomore year, and then transformed into a 1st rounder his junior year. May have been the best pitcher in the college game in 2012. You just never know when it’s going to click with some guys.

Zach Cable was interviewed in the Chatham A’s pregame show out in the Cape, and it’s confirmed he will be a Cowboy this fall. That’s an interesting juco arm to add to our bullpen for more depth. He had a really good season in juco as a reliever with 2 saves and a 0.98 ERA. So far in the Cape, he has a 4.50 ERA. He apparently has gained ground on developing a splitter. He originally went to Kentucky out of HS as a catcher and was rated pretty well by Perfect Game.

Feb 4, 2004
Roman Phansalkar made his first appearance of the summer with an inning for the Quincy Gems in the Prospect League. He is coming back from injury but could make a big impact for the pitching staff.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Roman Phansalkar made his first appearance of the summer with an inning for the Quincy Gems in the Prospect League. He is coming back from injury but could make a big impact for the pitching staff.

Seems we have a few guys coming out of redshirt that could be immediate impact guys in Phansalkar, Polk, and Spiegel. Any opinions on Polk?

And, someone else that I wonder about is Jake Northern. Anyone know why he didn’t play at all this year? It would be nice if he could come in and be an impact bat next year. We also need Jake Taylor to step it up to the next level.

Apr 14, 2019
US
I’m seeing that Parker Scott might actually come back? Apparently he and his family weren’t happy with some of the terminology in the contract offered. Just a rumor though. I haven’t seen any confirmation that it’s actually true yet. If true, that’s huge for us.
Scott coming back. Confirmed. Heard the kids wants to finish school and he lives Stilly. I am from Flower Mound. Baseball capital of North Texas. Caleb Killian with the Giants [HS team mate, Texas tech ace] talked to him b4 he signed. Seems the team has a real shot at the cws with the incoming class. New stadium drawing some talent. Vilade will be missed from his ability to encourage the kids. Real player coach and great recruiter. Matt Holiday should be a huge plus though!

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Scott coming back. Confirmed. Heard the kids wants to finish school and he lives Stilly. I am from Flower Mound. Baseball capital of North Texas.(I thought it was a little south of there? ) Caleb Killian with the Giants [HS team mate, Texas tech ace] talked to him b4 he signed. Seems the team has a real shot at the cws with the incoming class. New stadium drawing some talent. Vilade will be missed from his ability to encourage the kids. Real player coach and great recruiter. Matt Holiday should be a huge plus though!

Yeah, I think he spoke with several of his closest confidants including a few of his teammates and decided he wanted to come back. Sounds like he made a decision that was best for him personally and I respect him for that.