Summer League Baseball 2019

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Arrow24

Greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2017
Tulsa
Quite frankly could you get anymore generic than that. What you said is not incorrect but he was much more than that to this baseball program. On the inside he was widely considered the best coach on staff, the glue in the locker room and there is much anger and disappointment in this decision. I'm sure they'll suck it up because they have little choice but this is a very unpopular decision.
Quite frankly could you get anymore generic than that. What you said is not incorrect but he was much more than that to this baseball program. On the inside he was widely considered the best coach on staff, the glue in the locker room and there is much anger and disappointment in this decision. I'm sure they'll suck it up because they have little choice but this is a very unpopular decision.

I couldn’t agree more with the fact that he was the players coach and deserved so much more credit than he ever received.

Many players came here because of him and stayed FOR him. He earned their respect and truly cared about doing things right and fair.

On the coaching side, he was never allowed to coach. He was restricted and received unwarranted criticism from outside, when he should’ve been earning nothing but praise for holding this program together and doing it with the highest degree of integrity.
It is a huge loss for this program and OSU.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
I’m not on the inside of the program, so I’m not sure what you want from me. Kind of sounds like you’re criticizing me a little for a post that was 100% positive about the guy.

In other news Kendall Rogers said it would make sense if Lees comes back to Stillwater, but he didn’t say that he had heard that it’s in the works.
Let's just say it was like me looking at a picture of you and your family and simply saying nice picture frame. You're not as disconnected as you claim and it doesn't take an insider to recognize how much the players respected him. All you had to do was watch their interaction before and after games.

And I'm betting Lees which will be a bit puzzling.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Let's just say it was like me looking at a picture of you and your family and simply saying nice picture frame. You're not as disconnected as you claim and it doesn't take an insider to recognize how much the players respected him. All you had to do was watch their interaction before and after games.

Me saying that he founded a terrific organization and that he had a great impact on the Stillwater community = “nice frame”?

Ok....

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

https://media.giphy.com/media/Rhhr8D5mKSX7O/giphy.gif

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
Don't be obtuse Ptak. You said nothing about his contribution to the program which is what's inside the picture frame and the most important context to this site.
I don’t see the gripe with what Ptak said and don’t understand the nitpicking.

I feel like contributing and giving back to the community is just as important as contributing to the program. Maybe that’s just me, though.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
I don’t see the gripe with what Ptak said and don’t understand the nitpicking.

I feel like contributing and giving back to the community is just as important as contributing to the program. Maybe that’s just me, though.
Reread my original comment. I've never said it wasn't important or admirable. Ptak doesn't need y'all to carry his water on this one, he knows where I'm coming from or should.

Feb 4, 2004
More summer ball

Jake Taylor is playing for the Texarkana Twins in the Texas Collegiate League.
As previously listed Noah Sifrit is on that team listed as a pitcher but according to the stats he has played in the outfield. Not sure if he is doing both as the TCL is terrible about putting box scores and stats on the web.

Nov 14, 2010
Losing James is a big loss.

He was an elite infield coach, a very good recruiter and has, at many times, kept things together with certain kids in the program.

This program has, at times, had bad chemistry the last couple years and James held a handful of situations together.

James was a guy that did a lot to build chemistry with the kids because he was such a good person, he is so trust worthy that the kids trusted him, and he was very, very loyal and professional in handling the couple demotions he was given while coaching here.

Having said that...

James always seemed like the odd man out with Josh and Rob which inhibited his ability to impact the program as much as he was capable of impacting it

That's Josh's prerogative, and the fact that it just never gelled is not an indictment on anyone.

Josh has to make tough decisions, and this is one of them.

I have 100% faith in Josh Holliday's ability to make decisions that puts the program first, and I think James is a great coach.

It just simply wasn't the fit Josh wanted, and that's his job.

James will more than land on his feet and OSU is getting ready to become a beast in College Baseball so this will end up as a win/win for both sides.

This is my take in the situation at least so take it for what it's worth.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Losing James is a big loss.

He was an elite infield coach, a very good recruiter and has, at many times, kept things together with certain kids in the program.

This program has, at times, had bad chemistry the last couple years and James held a handful of situations together.

James was a guy that did a lot to build chemistry with the kids because he was such a good person, he is so trust worthy that the kids trusted him, and he was very, very loyal and professional in handling the couple demotions he was given while coaching here.

Having said that...

James always seemed like the odd man out with Josh and Rob which inhibited his ability to impact the program as much as he was capable of impacting it

That's Josh's prerogative, and the fact that it just never gelled is not an indictment on anyone.

Josh has to make tough decisions, and this is one of them.

I have 100% faith in Josh Holliday's ability to make decisions that puts the program first, and I think James is a great coach.

It just simply wasn't the fit Josh wanted, and that's his job.

James will more than land on his feet and OSU is getting ready to become a beast in College Baseball so this will end up as a win/win for both sides.

This is my take in the situation at least so take it for what it's worth.
Very well said.