Summer League Baseball 2019

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
It's that time of year again. I was surprised I found so few players, so please feel free to point out players I missed and I'll add them to the list below.

Cape Cod Baseball League
  • Ben Leeper - Wareham Gatemen
Texas Collegiate League
  • Noah Sifrit - Texarkana Twins (listed as a pitcher)
Alaska Baseball League
  • Dylan Gardner - Chugiak Chinooks

Feb 4, 2004
West Coast League

Bellingham Bells
CJ Varela
John Kelly

Bend Elks
Dayton Provost

Coastal Plain League

Savannah Bananas
Nate Peterson
Brayden Belden
Kaden Krowka

Feb 4, 2004
Futures Collegiate Baseball League

5 of the incoming freshman are in this league

Pittsfield Suns
Bryce Osmond
Caeden Trenkle

Brockton Rox
Cam Thompson
Braley Hollins

Bristol Blues
JT Mounce

Feb 4, 2004
Western Canadian Baseball League

Fort McMurray Giants
Max Hewitt

New England Collegiate Baseball League

Martha’s Vineyard Sharks
Josh Spiegel

A couple of the incoming jucos
Northwoods League

Eau Claire Express
Noah Denoyer

West Coast League

Bellingham Bells
Nick DeNicola

With all the players their name was on the roster, things change in the summer and sometimes they do something different or only play for a short time so it is possible some of these could be inaccurate.

Last edited:

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Step on up Matt Holliday! :D

Have to admit, as much as I really like Matt Holliday, that would make me cringe if he were hired for such an important position without any coaching experience. If he wants to hang around another couple of years, learn from josh and rob, and then go get some experience on Folmar’s staff or wherever, then work his way back to Stillwater eventually, great. But I would be 100% against Josh hiring him to be the recruiting coordinator.

Interesting names out there:
Marty Lees (would be my choice)
Todd Butler
Ryan Folmar
Brad Hill

Anyone else have other names to throw into the ring?

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
Very likeable guy who founded a terrific organization in Keeper of the Game. Stillwater will miss his impact on the community. Definitely wish him success wherever he goes.
Quite frankly could you get anymore generic than that. What you said is not incorrect but he was much more than that to this baseball program. On the inside he was widely considered the best coach on staff, the glue in the locker room and there is much anger and disappointment in this decision. I'm sure they'll suck it up because they have little choice but this is a very unpopular decision.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Quite frankly could you get anymore generic than that. What you said is not incorrect but he was much more than that to this baseball program. On the inside he was widely considered the best coach on staff, the glue in the lunchroom and there is much anger and disappointment in this decision. I'm sure they'll suck it up because they have little choice but this is a very unpopular decision.
I’m not on the inside of the program, so I’m not sure what you want from me. Kind of sounds like you’re criticizing me a little for a post that was 100% positive about the guy.

In other news Kendall Rogers said it would make sense if Lees comes back to Stillwater, but he didn’t say that he had heard that it’s in the works.