suggestions for online Bedlam BB game?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Don't have time now, maybe at some point in the future.

But I'm curious how the descrepancy in FT's based on home/away.

OSU lost by 10 points and the descrepancy in FTs was 11 points, advantage OU.

14/21 for OSU
25/36 for OU

It's been my observation that there is a distinct advantage in most Big 12 games for the home team.
At one point late in the first half, Manzer stated OU had made more FTs already than the two prior games combined.

Aug 16, 2012
Need to take advantage of his ability to get to the rim. He needs to be feeding the big guys when he gets to the rim. That would open up the outside shot and help this team improve immensely on offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Problem is, he misses 70% of his layups.

Aug 16, 2012
It’s way too early on Coach B but the problem I have with this team is that they just don’t play that hard a lot of the time. We don’t make many hustle plays (other than Cam taking charges).

Last year’s group played their butts off, they weren’t much more talented, just smarter and played harder.

Of course Mike encourages them to play hard, but it does seem like he tolerates lazy play some.
One of my comments following an early season game was how active the team was. They were rats scurrying everywhere at full speed. The last few games I have watched, they almost seem to be going through motions. Always a step behind.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
It's frustrating to watch because we actually have some nice pieces and we play well at times. It's just that our pieces don't fit and we don't have the one or two guys you need as clear leaders (both talent wise and vocally). I think that is coming next season. We always play tough. Besides the Xavier (I think it was Xavier) game we've been in the fight.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Boynton is not the coach we need to get this program back to prominence. Seeing how much these guys lack fundamental offensive and defensive discipline just shows that Boynton is in over his head. Sorry, experiment over...fail.
Wow seriously? Not even giving it 3 years?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Anyone that has been following the basketball program closely should know this already. This was/is a rebuilding year. I think all the new and young players just need to play and take their licks. Their isn’t a super star on this team and it’s shows. These close games are hard to finish without Kendall Smith he was a big difference maker.
Exactly. Play these freshmen every minute you can so they'll be battle tested later on for when the talent comes in next year. I'd sure like to see K. JOnes playing, not sure if there is an issue of some sort there. I know Yor is playing well, but this team isn't going to do much this year, so use it to get the freshmen ready.
Kentrevius and Cunningham are both "day to day" for infraction of team rules

Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
OU has been playing great, was ranked, and Iowa State beat Kansas rather handily. Weathers was getting to the rim at will, and elevating over his defender. He missed a lot of 'easy' shots, but he has touch around the rim. I think it's mental and will improve. I'm really not sure what you guys are expecting from this team, other than better effort, which has actually been a staple of this team for most of the year.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Boynton is not the coach we need to get this program back to prominence. Seeing how much these guys lack fundamental offensive and defensive discipline just shows that Boynton is in over his head. Sorry, experiment over...fail.
You don’t have any patience, do you? Must be a Mellinnial. Even though Boynton has been here two years, most of the players have not. We have two former head coaches as assistants. I think there is enough coaching talent to get the job done. There are a bunch of new players that play good defense except against the three point shot. Those have been killing us. Give them time.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Mark Cooper shares thoughts after Oklahoma State’s opening week of Big 12 play...

Cowboys are developing offense, but not fast enough

Cowboys junior Lindy Waters was detailed in his description of the problems ailing Oklahoma State’s offense after its 69-63 loss to Iowa State on Wednesday. They sounded like the types of issues that percolate for a team relying heavily on freshmen and transfers.

“Getting to our offense faster,” Waters said.

“We’ll have four guys on the same page and one guy not …” he added later.

One player out of position creates spacing issues and confusion as the time ticks off the shot clock. It makes it harder to get easy looks at the basket.

The result: Oklahoma State averaged 0.91 points per possession against Iowa State and Oklahoma combined. In a defense-heavy Big 12, that actually ranked sixth in the league last week. But that doesn’t make it good enough.

Mike Boynton replied to a fan’s tweet about the offense on Saturday following the 74-64 loss to No. 23 Oklahoma. It gave a window into what he’s dealing with:

“It’s the thing that takes the most patience,” he wrote. “Young guys are usually accustomed to having the ball, and if they don’t, standing around until they get it again. Still teaching proper movement and spacing away from the ball. It’s improving, but still needs work. Thanks for asking.”

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/NathanSRuiz/status/1082747952534310912?s=19

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
More on Cunningham from Mark Cooper...

An Oklahoma State team lacking experience no longer has the oldest player on its roster.

Mike Cunningham, who came to Stillwater this summer as a graduate transfer from USC Upstate, is no longer with the program, OSU announced on Wednesday.

A 6-foot-1 guard, Cunningham appeared in seven games this season. He was averaging eight points in 18.3 minutes per game.

He last appeared for 13 minutes on Dec. 16 against Nebraska. When Oklahoma State hosted Central Arkansas five days later, it was revealed Cunningham had been suspended by coach Mike Boynton.