Such a weird story

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Nov 6, 2010
Okay. And? Not seeing the conversation you are wanting to have here pertaining to this particular incident. :confused:
Really?? Waiting periods, background checks, mental health, red flag laws, etc. This thing played out in real time almost, yet she was able to waltz into a store and buy a shotgun with no issues at all. Seems maybe SOMETHING could have been done to put a roadblock or two in her way.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Really?? Waiting periods, background checks, mental health, red flag laws, etc. This thing played out in real time almost, yet she was able to waltz into a store and buy a shotgun with no issues at all. Seems maybe SOMETHING could have been done to put a roadblock or two in her way.
So you're intimating that had any of this been in place this particular incident wouldn't have played out the way it did?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Who has been harmed besides herself?
Seems to me like the schools and the law enforcement agents did everything VERY right in this situation.

Wouldn't they have made the same decisions if this women (or anyone for that matter) had made credible threats of using a U-Haul truck to mow down children on a playground?

Why is this about gun control? :confused:

Jul 22, 2011
Ban on pump shotguns? Waiting periods or background checks for a bird-hunting gun? Respectfully, no thank you.

This woman needed psychiatric help. I'm very glad she didn't hurt any kids.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Yea, uncle. I give up.
Here, you want something progressive done... I'll throw you something progressive.

This particular case is NOT about lack of gun control and MORE about lack of parental control. Her parents failed her... miserably... AND, in turn, failed society.

I'd like to see some legislature/laws around holding parents accountable, possibly even to the point of criminal prosecution in cases similar to this. THAT is where the blame needs to go. Not on an inanimate object.

I think you could say the same for Columbine, Parkland, Newtown, and Santa Fe.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Here, you want something progressive done... I'll throw you something progressive.

This particular case is NOT about lack of gun control and MORE about lack of parental control. Her parents failed her... miserably... AND, in turn, failed society.

I'd like to see some legislature/laws around holding parents accountable, possibly even to the point of criminal prosecution in cases similar to this. THAT is where the blame needs to go. Not on an inanimate object.

I think you could say the same for Columbine, Parkland, Newtown, and Santa Fe.
Are you suggesting the fault could be her own and not a lack of gun laws??? ;)

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/17/us/columbine-threat-search-for-woman/index.html

For those who say gun control advocates unfairly use mass casualty tragedies to advance their cause, this seems like a perfect opportunity to have the debate under not so emotional circumstances.
There is no debate. The Bill of Rights lists the activities that the Federal Government is NOT ALLOWED to do to us, not ever.

The 2nd says the Federal Government cannot take our guns.

What in the heck do you think there is to debate? We The People already told the Federal Government what they can do and more specifically what they can never do - like take our guns.

That was one of the conditions of our founding.

What debate are you talking about? The Federal Government does not have that authority.