Student at Edmond Santa Fe Allegedly Accosted for Wearing Maga Hat

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So assume you feel the same way if someone wore a Obama hat? Or a hat supporting Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?
This is called "whataboutism"... it is what 3 year-olds do...

Its good to assess things by themselves without comparing them to others as two things are rarely or never exactly the same.

Don't read into this thinking, "oh i got you liberal... i win". What I meant by this response is "grow-up".
So in other words you won't answer because you know that this kind of assault would have been more rare to have come from a conservative. It's not a grow up statement, it's an "I'm gonna avoid the question because I don't like the answer".
I can answer:. If a conservative kid attacked a liberal kids over a hat and flag I'd say the same thing, no place for assault.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If the kid had come in full KKK robe, technically he could express his First Amendment Rights and Political Views.

Trump has said some questionable stuff. That MAGA hat is a symbol of that questionable stuff. It can be seen as disrespectful to majority of the American and World's populations.

Doesn't excuse the other guy and he should be punished.
Which specific things that he has said do you think that hat is a symbol of? At least we agree about one thing, the hat is no excuse for this kind of behavior no matter how ignorant a persons opinion of that hat is.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Shall we start a running list of the objectionable and divisive things Obama said and continues to say?

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Or you could call it “exact aboutism”. You gave the reasoning that you believe MAGA hats are somehow threatening because Trump has said some questionable things. Fair enough.

But absolutely so has Obama. So I will ask again. Would you have same response if a kid knocked an Obama hat or BLM hat off another kid?
My favorite part was were you explained it and then did it. Thanks, I need the chuckle.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
That girl that got raped was asking for it by wearing a skirt. Briles was right
Use your brain... we are talking about a "MAGA Hat" vs regular nonpolitical, non offensive clothing. I fail to see the comparison. I know what you are shooting for just missed the mark completely.

If the girls had been wearing a t-shirt that said "Football Players... Please Run a Train on Me", I think that would be worth discussing.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Shall we start a running list of the objectionable and divisive things Obama said and continues to say?
And I repeat it...

Cheese and Crackers guys. Look at thing objectively and let things stand on their own merit.

I DON'T GET WHY THIS IS SUCH A HARD CONCEPT.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
That 51% you mention was not from 100% of the voting public so that's kind of an anomalous statistic.
There you go again. Majority of Americans? You are now throwing out dumb comments.
You must be fun at parties or watching movie. My simple point was there is a large number of people who are offended by Trump (as a person and of his actions). I over generalized it to make a simple point.

I know the difference. I don't have enough time in the day to be super specific for you covering all generalities and conclusions.

This is the OrangePower political forum not a scientific paper. Cut me and others some slack.

We know that you are super smart and use your big brain to pick apart other's statements.

Good luck with that personality trait... i highly doubt you talk to people like this in real life.

Mar 11, 2006
My favorite part was were you explained it and then did it. Thanks, I need the chuckle.
Now my favorite part is learning you don’t understand the term whataboutism. I imagine you have heard it and thought you applied it correctly. Thanks, it made me chuckle.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
And I repeat it...

Cheese and Crackers guys. Look at thing objectively and let things stand on their own merit.

I DON'T GET WHY THIS IS SUCH A HARD CONCEPT.
Nope...it's calling out naked hypocrisy, pure and simple.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
That 51% you mention was not from 100% of the voting public so that's kind of an anomalous statistic.
There you go again. Majority of Americans? You are now throwing out dumb comments.
You must be fun at parties or watching movie. My simple point was there is a large number of people who are offended by Trump (as a person and of his actions). I over generalized it to make a simple point.

I know the difference. I don't have enough time in the day to be super specific for you covering all generalities and conclusions.

This is the OrangePower political forum not a scientific paper. Cut me and others some slack.

We know that you are super smart and use your big brain to pick apart other's statements.

Good luck with that personality trait... i highly doubt you talk to people like this in real life.
Sorry, but to generalize would be to say "a large portion" of Americans. You were very specific in your comments. 51% and majority insinuate exacts. The sad part is, not every one of the people that voted against Trump hate everything about him or the maga hats. There is now a large contingent of blacks leaving the Democratic party because they see the good he's doing and are tired of the leftists constant hate and rhetoric.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk