Streaming TV

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So... ISP... when I dropped DirecTV I was informed that my AT&T ISP is no longer unlimited. What's the best ISP for cutting the cord?
Depends on where you live. The best is one that has 100 Mbps speed minimum and gives you 1TB-Unlimited data allowance.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Well, that's pretty much what I have with AT&T, 1TB. Is that enough?
Most have 1TB maxes. If all you're using your internet for is streaming and internet you shouldn't have a problem. I have 3 tvs, all set up for streaming and I've never gotten close. I think the highest I've gotten is 500GB and that was during the summer when my wife (teacher) was home a lot with our kid. I haven't checked recently though. It's going to be more of an issue if you additionally play xbox or PS online.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
So, you haven't even used half a TB?
Not since we moved to our new house this summer. The 500GB I was talking about before was at our last house with Cox and at the time I was also still playing xbox fairly frequently (Forza Horizon which is somewhat online, not near the extent of something like Call of Duty or anything). I think I've powered on my xbox maybe 3 times since June... I don't really take you for an online gamer though so I think you'll be fine. haha.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Not since we moved to our new house this summer. The 500GB I was talking about before was at our last house with Cox and at the time I was also still playing xbox fairly frequently (Forza Horizon which is somewhat online, not near the extent of something like Call of Duty or anything). I think I've powered on my xbox maybe 3 times since June... I don't really take you for an online gamer though so I think you'll be fine. haha.
Not an online gamer, only want to stream video services.

Oct 22, 2005
Stillwater
For the OP, we use a combo of Sling and Hulu. I really like Sling. It has decent packages, and you can add and drop them whenever you want. For football season, I get both of their main packages to get all the sports channels. After December, I'll drop one of them. I'll pay about $25/month and still have all the ESPN channels plus whatever smaller $5 packages I want like kids channels. It does have DVR, but I don't use it. I use an antenna for the local stations.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
For the OP, we use a combo of Sling and Hulu. I really like Sling. It has decent packages, and you can add and drop them whenever you want. For football season, I get both of their main packages to get all the sports channels. After December, I'll drop one of them. I'll pay about $25/month and still have all the ESPN channels plus whatever smaller $5 packages I want like kids channels. It does have DVR, but I don't use it. I use an antenna for the local stations.
I tried out Sling before I started out with DirecTV Now and (at the time) wasn't a fan of the user interface. There being blue channels and orange channels on different guide pages, just didn't make sense to me. That was a couple years ago so I really have no clue how it's setup now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2005
Stillwater
I tried out Sling before I started out with DirecTV Now and (at the time) wasn't a fan of the user interface. There being blue channels and orange channels on different guide pages, just didn't make sense to me. That was a couple years ago so I really have no clue how it's setup now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The interface has changed a lot over the years. You can view channels like you would a guide-type channel on a normal TV package, or you can search for specific programs and channels. The blue and orange channels are intermixed on the guide page.