Streaming Fox Sports video quality

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 21, 2011
All over the USA
Last two weeks I have been watching the game on a streaming stick, both the Fire Stick and the Roku. The live events on both sticks has been choppy at best makes it hard to watch. Not to mention how off the audio is. You hear the whistle blow way before the tackle, or thier lips dont match up to the words. Anyways, is it something on my end, or is it FOX?

Nov 13, 2003
Austin, TX
Last two weeks I have been watching the game on a streaming stick, both the Fire Stick and the Roku. The live events on both sticks has been choppy at best makes it hard to watch. Not to mention how off the audio is. You hear the whistle blow way before the tackle, or thier lips dont match up to the words. Anyways, is it something on my end, or is it FOX?
It's your internet connection more than likely, or I would get the Roku Ultra that has a very powerful processor in it that doesn't let that happen.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
FSGO has been terrible on Fire Stick from my first experience with streaming last year, and it hasn’t improved since.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
That may be what we do, we have been talking about that. We are not happy with the Fire Stick, just don't like the feel.
My wife used a firestick for awhile before we got married. I always used a Chromecast and once we got married she actually bought another one for our other TV. Not saying its not a good product, just saying she made a switch. Who's your ISP?

Aug 31, 2006
63 mi S. of Stillwater
I have all 3, firestick, Roku, and Chromecast. The firestick works the worst for fox. I generally stream thru my Roku without any issues but it is connected to my router with a LAN cable and not thru wifi. Works great on everything but have a few issues streaming ESPN from time to time. I live kind of rural so my internet is via Atlink broadband. If you have faster internet in town I would guess it wouldn't be an issue at all.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Recently discovered ATT only offers 1 pkg in our area and it's less than 1mbps! What in the actual...anyway, we are switching to another ISP for lower cost and 105mbps. Our ROKU streaming should improve.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I've had mixed results with FS Go in general, but there's a lot of variables. I've finally dialed in my setup for this season with a Google Pixel 2, Chromecast, brand new modem, and good router. But.......FS Go gonna FS Go. WatchESPN has been far superior.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
I've had mixed results with FS Go in general, but there's a lot of variables. I've finally dialed in my setup for this season with a Google Pixel 2, Chromecast, brand new modem, and good router. But.......FS Go gonna FS Go. WatchESPN has been far superior.
This is accurate. FS GO is meh and WatchESPN has been a lot more reliable for me as well. Occasional hiccup with both, but ESPN is far less occurring.