Stillwater Mayor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I couldn’t figure why they just didn’t schedule the graduation for the football field in the first place. How many thousands can you seat on the field and still be spaced out? It’s outdoors. Transmission of disease is extremely low in the first place. Something tells me the mayor was still throwing a hissy fit and not wanting to allow it.
Mayor? Hissy Fit? I think the question is which city are we talking about, that could be OKC, Tulsa, Norman et.al.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I couldn’t figure why they just didn’t schedule the graduation for the football field in the first place. How many thousands can you seat on the field and still be spaced out? It’s outdoors. Transmission of disease is extremely low in the first place. Something tells me the mayor was still throwing a hissy fit and not wanting to allow it.
Sorry, but the decision wasn't mayoral, it was the school board.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We have several mayors who were all too excited to take power by it's reigns during this thing and those guys need to be kicked out of office on next election (especially the guy that bragged about it in the NY Times). These power hungry authorities mayors went with the policy of fear rather than fact and showed a political bias that we didn't know existed in them prior. Time for them to be done with politics in this FREE state. Those of us who have been silent in the past need to make our voices heard in these next election cycles.

Oct 30, 2007
For those that missed it, the Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down their state's stay-at-home order yesterday. They ruled that it was "unlawful, invalid, and unenforceable." This is just further proof that whether or not a restriction is lawful or constitutional during this pandemic can only be defined by the court system.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...court-overturns-the-states-stay-at-home-order
Wisconsin Supreme Court Overturns The State's Stay-At-Home Orders
Wisconsin's Supreme Court has overturned the state's "Safer at Home" orders and mandated that all future statewide restrictions to battle the coronavirus must be approved by the legislature's rule-making committee before they could be implemented.

According to the ruling, Palm broke state law when she issued an April 16 "Safer at Home" order that prohibited Wisconsin residents from leaving their homes unless it was essential. That order was ruled to be "unlawful, invalid, and unenforceable."

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So starting today, Stillwater is in phase 2, but they still won't open up playgrounds. An area, outside, well ventilated, with lots of UV light for disinfectant.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
So starting today, Stillwater is in phase 2, but they still won't open up playgrounds. An area, outside, well ventilated, with lots of UV light for disinfectant.

It's weird here in Colorado in that state parks got shut down, but are now reopening, but no cabins or accomodations opening in the parks. Hard to think of an activity other than camping that is more suitable for social distancing.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Planet Fitness saw fit to open up a day early-Thursday.
Gyms have been allowed for 2 weeks, with protocols. The Y was one of them.