Stillwater Dentists?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 26, 2005
Does anyone know a good dentist in Stillwater that takes BCBS? The list they provide are Dr. William Gray, Dr. Stephanie Kendrick, Dr. Richard Miller, Dr. Robert Moore, Dr. Alan Plaxico, Dr. Darrell Sadler and Dr. Ross Sethman. I have read bad stuff about both Kendrick (involved with billing) and Moore (telling someone they need more cavities than they really need, actually he said the guy needed 7 when another dentist was baffled by this and told him he only needed 1 small one) but does anyone know if any of the others are any good because I can't find anything about them? Thanks!

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
Moore (telling someone they need more cavities than they really need, actually he said the guy needed 7 when another dentist was baffled by this and told him he only needed 1 small one) but does anyone know if any of the others are any good because I can't find anything about them? Thanks!
I'm not sure which place he is the dentist of but if it's the one I'm thinking of, he did the same thing to my GF and her best friend.

Feb 6, 2007
Edmond
Dr. Sethman is great. We haven't gone to him for general dentistry, but for oral surgury since there wasn't one in my hometown. He did my wisdom teeth when I was at OSU and has done the same procedure for lots of my family members. I don't know how he would be as a dentist, but I know he was very fair with his pricing for the surgeries.

Oct 26, 2005
Thanks for the help guys. I'll give Plaxico a try. It seems like most of the BCBS ones are shady, at best. Kaje, I bet that's him. I would hope so anyway or there's another corrupt dentist in Stillwater just like him. :)

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Dr. Walter Coffey is or was as good a dentist as there is on the face of this planet.

Not sure if he is still around, but to this day when I see a new guy they comment on work I still have that he did 25 years ago.

Oct 28, 2005
Stillwater
Dr. Stephanie Kendrick looked in my mouth for about a minute charged me $100 and referred me to someone else. Not a very good experience. Told me I could come back if I wanted to get my teeth cleaned.

Jul 22, 2005
Stillwater - Home of the Cowboys!
When I lived in Stillwater, Spaulding was my dentist. Nice guy and a good dentist.
I really like him. I spent the last 4 years having extensive dental work done (braces, jaw surgery, implants). When it was all said and done we decided to whiten my teeth. I thought it odd that I had not gotten a bill from Spaulding on it, then my husband ran into one day and he told him he threw the whitening in free of charge for me.

And if anyone is in need of jaw surgery I highly recommend Dr. Duffy in OKC, even though he's an ou guy, he did a fantastic job with my surgery and everyone on staff there is really nice.

Sep 6, 2007
Mooreland, Oklahoma
Go to Dr. CLint Metcalf. He is an OSU alumn and played played football back in the mid to late 90's.

(I think this is how it goes) Now as far as BCBS is concerned, you can go to any dentist even if they are not a provider. The only difference is that a provider gets paid directly from insurance company. Otherwise, the ins. co. pays you and you pay the dentist. Some dentists do not like this and make you pay after the visit. So, the only difference is how the money gets to the dentist.

Jul 12, 2004
Dr. Gray? Good dentist, if you're a masochist.

As for Dr. Kendrick, I've had extensive work done by her and have been pleased with it. I can only speak from my experience, which has been a good one.

I believe Dr. Coffey has retired, or is retiring. There's a younger guy from Kansas City that's in town and has purchased Coffey's practice.

Aug 30, 2004
Stillwater
My wife and I take the time to drive to Perry to use Dr. Chrz (really!). His office is next to the Perry Hospital.

It is well worth the little extra time---and he doesn't necessarily work standard Dr. hours. Sometimes you can get in very early in the morning.