Starting QB Named...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

colin1497

Never throw the Venus in the Spider 3 Y Banana!
A/V Subscriber
Jun 20, 2008
Do I get to brag about being right now?

LOL

Seriously, it's a joke people.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Found this quote interesting:

"All three players had good springs, but at some point, the decision is made on the field. There's always a comment about who coaches are going to name as the starter at any position, but the coaches usually don't make that decision - the decision is made by the players. Wes performed better than the other two quarterbacks in the spring."
From some of the tweets posted, it seemed Wes was getting a good amount of love from some of the players.

OStateKg

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2009
Found this quote interesting:

From some of the tweets posted, it seemed Wes was getting a good amount of love from some of the players.

I think Gundy means the players competing for the spot - Lunt, Walsh & Chelf - meaning their performance made the decision.

Kind of like how teachers say they don't "give you" a grade, you earn it.

starflyer

A win that feels like a loss.
Jan 2, 2005
Tulsa
Wow i figured they would wait and name someone else starter first. So that clears it up. I sure hope no one transfers in the offseason. I wouldnt think so though.