Star Wars: The Rise of Skywaker

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I'll be honest. For the first time in my life I am not excited for a new star wars movie. I just don't know how you can finish the story without retconning TLJ. Can you save this trilogy without having a 3 hour movie? While I'm interested in the return of palpatine, none of the other characters matter to me. Hell, even the prequels had characters I enjoyed watching grow. I can't say the same about this trilogy.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I could care less about new star wars right now, the people in charge of Lucasfilm have destroyed it. The legends stuff, or whatever it's called, I still love. I may or may not go see this, I'll wait until I see the reviews, certainly won't be in the theater opening night the way I was with TFA.

I am curious as to the name they chose. Does that mean Rey is going to be revealed to be a Skywalker after all? That Kylo is going to redeem himself somehow (I don't see how)? Or that the real Luke is going to show up and reveal that the Luke from TLJ was indeed an impostor like many of us felt?
Or is the name just bait to bring in more people the first weekend?

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I could care less about new star wars right now, the people in charge of Lucasfilm have destroyed it. The legends stuff, or whatever it's called, I still love. I may or may not go see this, I'll wait until I see the reviews, certainly won't be in the theater opening night the way I was with TFA.

I am curious as to the name they chose. Does that mean Rey is going to be revealed to be a Skywalker after all? That Kylo is going to redeem himself somehow (I don't see how)? Or that the real Luke is going to show up and reveal that the Luke from TLJ was indeed an impostor like many of us felt?
Or is the name just bait to bring in more people the first weekend?
she went to the darkness in TLJ. child of palpatine confirmed. Ben Solo is going to save everyone as skywalker.