St. Johns and HCMB

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
LOL. Here come the "if only you dummies had the amazing gift of hindsight like me" posts. This was even reported on the local news station sports segments last night that it was reported that St. Johns had interest in Boynton. Plus we all lived through the Les Miles and Underwood departures so forgive us if we start asking for answers when we see smoke.
blah, blah, blah..... the report was that they spoke with an agent, not anything really to do with our coach. Guilt by association?

it was click bait.... and you clicked. no forgiveness.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Eh, I don’t think it’s his job to respond to every rumor or theory that floats around. He’s got more important stuff to worry about.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Eh, I don’t think it’s his job to respond to every rumor or theory that floats around. He’s got more important stuff to worry about.
Yeah like landing a 4-star recruit. I personally think this should be put to rest because I don't think Harris would have went ahead and committed if Boynton was leaving.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Yeah like landing a 4-star recruit. I personally think this should be put to rest because I don't think Harris would have went ahead and committed if Boynton was leaving.

Agree, let's count today as a huge win for the future of our basketball program and get out and support these guys like heck next season. Make GIA Great Again.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I think calling us a top 16 program is a stretch.
I have a spreadsheet that shows results with numbers. Since Gundy took over, we are top 16 in wins, win percentage, bowl appearances, and pretty much every other measure of program success.

All time are we a top 16 program? Absolutely not.

But if we want to barely be top 50, then I guess it would be ok to pay our football coach according to historical success.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
I have a spreadsheet that shows results with numbers. Since Gundy took over, we are top 16 in wins, win percentage, bowl appearances, and pretty much every other measure of program success.

All time are we a top 16 program? Absolutely not.

But if we want to barely be top 50, then I guess it would be ok to pay our football coach according to historical success.

I want to say that I looked it up one time and our program is something like tied for 38th in the country in bowl appearances. Seems like a pretty decent indicator to me. Yeah, there’s more bowl games now, but everyone has always had to play every season with the same number of bowl spots available.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa

The only think it would help is neurotic fans step down from the ledge.... We’re not losing any commits or prospects, settle down.

Aug 16, 2012
No kidding to Jeff Goodman's reaction. Mike Anderson's like the Jeff Fisher of college BB coaches at this point, only he's never been close to a championship.

Amazing how some of these guys just keep getting gigs.
St. Johns??? I do not care if it is Norman Dale or Whoopi Goldberg as Eddie, so long as it is not Mike Boynton.

Mar 31, 2011
No kidding to Jeff Goodman's reaction. Mike Anderson's like the Jeff Fisher of college BB coaches at this point, only he's never been close to a championship.

Amazing how some of these guys just keep getting gigs.
He's been to the Elite 8. That's close to a championship. He's also been to the Sweet 16 twice, the tournament more often than not, and won nearly 2x as many games as he's lost. He's also one of the most genuinely likable and honest guys you'll ever meet, which helps in an interview. I think he's a little soft and probably slow to embrace "what the kids want" but he's a solid basketball coach and a great guy.