Spring Football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Offense: Cornelius looked good. Wolf was a surprise bright spot. McKaufman has two big drops, but Johnson had one as well. Hubbard looked like he could be special.
Would have liked to see Jelani Woods get a pass, but he is huge and played a majority of snaps.
Hunter Anthony had two holding calls, but great size.

I don’t like dogging players. But Kolar was not sharp.

Mar 11, 2006
Offense: Cornelius looked good. Wolf was a surprise bright spot. McKaufman has two big drops, but Johnson had one as well. Hubbard looked like he could be special.
Would have liked to see Jelani Woods get a pass, but he is huge and played a majority of snaps.
Hunter Anthony had two holding calls, but great size.

I don’t like dogging players. But Kolar was not sharp.
Wallace brothers looked good. We know about Tylan and he had a couple of nice snags, but Tracin also looks to be a player. If he had #11 on I would have thought it was Gabe Lindsay.
Stoner was held out due to knee, but will be fine for summer. Not sure why McClesky was held out as he was dressed to play.
On defense: who stood out to me -
Brailford - line was having hard time containing him
Thabo Mwaniki - looks faster
Malcolm Rodriguez - he will contribute this year on D
AJ Green and Rodarious Williams were not challenged.
Good to see Tyrell Alexander at CB. I think he has a chance to be good, but was beat by Johnson and Tylan.

Nov 25, 2009
Weatherford, OK
I thought McGruder looked good at safety, talked to him during autograph session and he is super excited about the new defense.

Wolf is Wes Welkerish, balling out for a walk on.

Thought Cornelius was far superior to Kolar but I’m hoping Sanders gets a chance to compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Of the two QB's yesterday, Cornelius would be the starter without a doubt. He made some good short to intermediate throws and I especially liked his screens....led the receiver a bit so they could take off and be in stride when they caught the ball (that is something that Mason struggled with for whatever reason). On the other hand, neither QB looked particularly sharp on the deep ball. Kolar had a real pretty fade in the end zone near the end but he also had 3 fumbled snaps (part of the fault there could be the backup center though).

WR's and RB's looked great. We are absolutely filthy with skill position players. If we can put together an O-Line and get the right QB to run the show, this offense shouldn't miss a beat. The Wallace twins looked really good, Greenwood is going to be a nice replacement for Ateman and Johnson is a legit deep threat. There were several drops by #86 (McKaufman) but he's a tall target and could be a matchup problem for opponents if he can fix the drops problem. Hubbard looked good and did not shy away from contact, looking forward to seeing him on the field. I don't know how we are gong to get enough reps for all four backs.

Defense dominated for the most part which is to be expected when they know the offensive playbook so well and QB's are down by contact. Still, the D-Line, especially the ends, were very disruptive, I think the line is going to be good. Didn't really notice much from the LB's other than Bundage. The newcomer that impressed me the most on defense was Trey Sterling (#23) at safety.

Nov 6, 2010
Of the two QB's yesterday, Cornelius would be the starter without a doubt. He made some good short to intermediate throws and I especially liked his screens....led the receiver a bit so they could take off and be in stride when they caught the ball (that is something that Mason struggled with for whatever reason). On the other hand, neither QB looked particularly sharp on the deep ball. Kolar had a real pretty fade in the end zone near the end but he also had 3 fumbled snaps (part of the fault there could be the backup center though).

WR's and RB's looked great. We are absolutely filthy with skill position players. If we can put together an O-Line and get the right QB to run the show, this offense shouldn't miss a beat. The Wallace twins looked really good, Greenwood is going to be a nice replacement for Ateman and Johnson is a legit deep threat. There were several drops by #86 (McKaufman) but he's a tall target and could be a matchup problem for opponents if he can fix the drops problem. Hubbard looked good and did not shy away from contact, looking forward to seeing him on the field. I don't know how we are gong to get enough reps for all four backs.

Defense dominated for the most part which is to be expected when they know the offensive playbook so well and QB's are down by contact. Still, the D-Line, especially the ends, were very disruptive, I think the line is going to be good. Didn't really notice much from the LB's other than Bundage. The newcomer that impressed me the most on defense was Trey Sterling (#23) at safety.

I wonder if King redshirting is a possibility?

cowboyfanatic

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2010
oklahoma city, OK

I wonder if King redshirting is a possibility?
He is the power back bruiser of the group. I don’t think he would redshirt

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
70+ photos gallery of the spring football game

STILLWATER — Mike Gundy strode down an aisle in Oklahoma State’s team meeting room and onto the platform Saturday afternoon after the first — and only — public viewing of his football team this spring and addressed the media for eight minutes and 25 seconds.

With so many unknowns and so much time between now and the start of the season, the head coach entering his 14th season didn’t have many definitive answers.

“We’ll know a lot more in September,” Gundy said.
Link

And a few more spring game headlines...

OSU spring game notebook: Taylor Cornelius shows flashes of ability in final scrimmage

OSU spring game superlatives: Chuba Hubbard makes the play of the day, while Landon Wolf stands out

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
And yet a few more spring game headlines...

STILLWATER — In a scrimmage that paired teammate versus teammate and the first-team defense against the second-team offense, Oklahoma State didn’t reveal much of substance on Saturday.

But occasionally, the mentality of the defense Jim Knowles is trying to create at OSU flashed before the announced crowd of 20,000 in Boone Pickens Stadium.

Moments like this: On the first drive for the starters on defense, safety Kenneth Edison-McGruder leveled backup quarterback John Kolar. It probably wasn’t the most well-received play by the Oklahoma State coaching staff, seeing as no one ever likes to see their quarterback get hit, but it embodied the buzzword for Knowles’ defense this spring.

Aggression.
Link

STILLWATER — The saving grace of Oklahoma State’s spring football scrimmage was it introduced us to a young man from Tulsa we should have met some time ago.

Sophomore walk-on Landon Wolf scored the first touchdown Saturday. He made another competitive catch over the middle to set up another score. He finished as the scrimmage’s leading receiver.

“We can trust him. He understands our system. He knows where to be,” coach Mike Gundy said. “And you can tell that he’s had a lot of experience with Taylor (Cornelius, OSU’s potential starting quarterback).”
Link

Oklahoma State’s spring game Saturday began with it adding its first commitment of the 2020 class.

Eli Russ, a 6-foot-5, 305-pound tackle from Ardmore Plainview, announced his verbal commitment to OSU on Twitter.
Link