Spring Football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
OSU honored some of its student athletes for academic achievement Monday night. You can read about all of them here, but here's the football players mentioned since this is the spring football thread...

Britton Abbott, a senior on the football team, was recognized as the male recipient of the OSU Scholar-Athlete of the Year award.

In addition to this honor, Abbott was a second-team selection to the CoSIDA Academic All-America team and a first-team Academic All-Big 12 honoree. He was a recipient of the Big 12 Conference’s Gerald Lage Award, which is presented to student-athletes who have earned 100 credit hours with a minimum 3.80 cumulative grade point average. The owner of a perfect 4.0 grade point average since stepping on campus, Abbott graduated Summa Cum Laude in December (3.9-4.0 GPA) and was the recipient of the football program’s Dr. L.L. Boger Award for academic achievement. On the field, he started 10 games at Cowboy back.
Tyron Johnson was the 2018 Nate Fleming Academic Effort and Improvement Award recipient.

Brad Lundblade was among 10 OSU student-athletes who were recognized as Summa Cum Laude graduates, while Jack Kurzu was among six who graduated Cum Laude.

Lundblade was also recognized as a recipient of the Big 12's Gerald Lage Award, which goes to student-athletes with 100+ hours earned with a minimum 3.8 GPA. He was also among seven OSU student-athletes to achieve CoSIDA Academic All-American status.

James Washington was the male recipient for the Academic Momentum Award.

Sep 20, 2017
Texas
How about some practice updates? Gundy saying he would be shocked about something means nothing as he has proven how little he actually knows.

Any news on the QBs and WRs? How about the DL and LBs? Better yet, will our DBs be better based on scheme and technique? Hard for them to get any worse, really.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I've heard that the qbs on the roster have been unimpressive this spring and that they are really wanting to see what they have with Sanders. He may be osu's best chance to win anything this year

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I've heard that the qbs on the roster have been unimpressive this spring and that they are really wanting to see what they have with Sanders. He may be osu's best chance to win anything this year
Again, you are in the wrong forum to troll. Bedlam and flame was specifically made for this type of effort.

Sep 20, 2017
Texas
Be careful on what you wish for.....I remember....maybe the last time an OSU Freshman starting QB went in to Norman.....and winning. In fact, that makes 2 Freshman QBs for OSU to do that....Fields and Rudolph

And JW went in there and about did the same

Last edited:

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Again, you are in the wrong forum to troll. Bedlam and flame was specifically made for this type of effort.
traffic has been slow over on B&F. toker only planned to lurk quietly in the shadows on the main board, but then his lack of self control got the best of him and, Voila, his inner troll came out.............

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I've heard if you don't wait 30 minutes after you've eaten to go swimming, you'll cramp up and drown. Doesn't make it true.
I certainly didnt present it as fact, so yes, me typing it on here doesnt make it true. But from everything i've seen from osu's incumbents at qb, they arent big 12 caliber quarterbacks and osu wouldnt be able to compete for the big 12 behind either of them.

Be careful on what you wish for.....I remember....maybe the last time an OSU Freshman starting QB went in to Norman.....and winning. In fact, that makes 2 Freshman QBs for OSU to do that....Fields and Rudolph

And JW went in there and about did the same
It would be awesome if he's as good as I think he'll be. I think Sanders is the future and he can help keep the rivalry alive and kicking for the next few years. It's always better that way.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Dru Brown could wind up being a pleasant surprise. He's a seasoned veteran, with a decent arm and the ability to extend plays. He just happened to play on a really crappy team. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with some talent around him.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
He followed JimmytheGreek over to this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
I don’t think that’s true. At least one of the backups should be able to fill in without any subsequent drop in production. Gundy has already said he expects Hill to enter the draft after next season. I think he wants to ensure that Hill isn’t too banged up to hurt his draft stock. Our program’s recruiting could definitely benefit from a former OSU RB who is currently playing in the NFL. After Joseph Randall went mental and Kendall Hunter had his career end, we’ve not had anyone to point to, the way we’ve been able to point to Dez Bryant at WR.

As such, there is no need to over use Justice. We’re loaded at RB.
He did? When?

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
And THIS ^^ is what separates the gooners/stoops/riley from Gundy. Gundy is very conservative to a detriment. Why would you ever say a cap number on carries. Why does it matter. I bet it looks really really good to the 5 star RB we had in from Houston. Gundy needs to quit being the protector and trying to manage through a season and just go all-in and have that Holgy/Monken supreme confidence. Go for the freaking throat not tiptoeing to the finish line (winning by 3 most games on the road)
lol...

Really? Gundy would always say on the Monday presses that he "would like to see Hill get less carries", then the game rolls around and Hill would have 25-35 carries. Take it with a grain of salt, dude.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com