Spring Break ideas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
So my wife and 3 daughters are all out for Spring Break, well sort of. We are really thinking of just doing a day trip thing to Tulsa or somewhere. We would consider a longer trip, but I'm really struggling to find much to get excited for. I am curious as to whether anyone would have some ideas worth considering.

Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
So my wife and 3 daughters are all out for Spring Break, well sort of. We are really thinking of just doing a day trip thing to Tulsa or somewhere. We would consider a longer trip, but I'm really struggling to find much to get excited for. I am curious as to whether anyone would have some ideas worth considering.
Mount Scott, Wichita Wildlife Refuge, Holy City, and Medicine Park. All near Lawton if you didn't know. Eat a chicken fried steak at the Plantation at Medicine Park. Great and inexpensive day trip. Costs nothing for anything I mentioned except the food. Ice chest full of sandwich fixings, snacks, and drinks is always a good idea. Lots of places for a picnic. We do it at least once a year. Wear comfortable shoes because there is a decent amount of walking. Holy City is really pretty amazing if you've never been there.

Last edited:

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Mount Scott, Wichita Wildlife Refuge, Holy City, and Medicine Park. All near Lawton if you didn't know. Eat a chicken fried steak at the Plantation at Medicine Park. Great and inexpensive day trip. Costs nothing for anything I mentioned except the food. Ice chest full of sandwich fixings, snacks, and drinks is always a good idea. Lots of places for a picnic. We do it at least once a year. Wear comfortable shoes because there is a decent amount of walking. Holy City is really pretty amazing if you've never been there.
Sitting at Old Plantation Restaurant in Medicine Park...Holy City on the list to do.

Thanks

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Feedback on your daytrip please. Too bad the weather wasn't a little better for you.
Weather wasn't bad. It was a little chilly and windy.

1. Old Plantation food was amazing, but they were fairly slow. Not a huge problem since the food was good. I had the Country Fried Steak, which was very good. If you are ever near Stillwater/Perry area, Perry has this little diner called the Kumback, and it has amazing food. Just a hole in the wall place with a little local history. Best Chicken Fried Steak I've had in years.

2. My family seemed to really love the cobblestone construction. It was odd. We spent a good little while just kind of walking around the water and just sort of hanging out.

3. We went up Mt. Scott. This isn't a large mountain, but my wife and my daughter's boyfriend legit have fear of heights. He actually threw up when we got to the top. That was funny to me. The views from up there were spectacular for Oklahoma being we didn't have a sunrise or sunset to work with. The wind was really tough up there.

4. Drove around the different locations, Holy City etc. My family was pretty intrigued by the prairie dogs. Only saw 1 buffalo though.

5. General consensus was that it was a pretty cool place that is out of the way. We all figured it would look great in the Spring/Summer time.

6. We didn't do much hiking because of temps and wind, but everyone liked what they saw. It is a place I'd love to visit again for a weekend and do some hiking.