Spring Ball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
DB was considerably better for most of the day, especially with the 1's but SS looked better in 2 minute and really did a good job finding Moore with the 2's. Both have big arms. Brown's throws were on time and accurate and he spread the ball around. Sanders runs like a deer.

I think both are good but if I had to pick based on the one practice, I'd pick Brown.

If we go with Sanders I'd expect us to lean a lot more on the run game.

I didn't watch the line as much because I was focused on the QBs but I did watch the receivers and D backs quite a bit.
Our 1s at corner looked good. I'm not sure if it was the drop off on D or not but CJ Moore dominated the backup corners. He was fast and really strong getting offthe line considering how skinny he is.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
The only knock on SS is his lack of experience. So hopefully Gundy won't do the worst possible thing for that and split reps all through Fall Camp.

If Brown isn't clearly better, then give the reps to SS and roll with the future. We recruited SS for that purpose.

Jan 14, 2006
DB did it at the goal line on first down for an INT. So they both do it.
I think AJ knew that play was coming by the way he fell off his man to make that int. Still a bad pick in the end zone though.

Despite that one play you pointed out, DB was clearly better to me. But it's such a small sample size none of us know for sure.

What I can say is that I won't be surprised Brown is named the starter. He looked good enough to run this offense at a high level. Either way I'm going to wear my orange.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Guerin Emig...

Mike Gundy was the most interesting man in Big 12 Conference football until KU hired his old Oklahoma State boss. Now he is being upstaged.

Miles spent the spring trying to make his team better, but also trying to get his university’s attention. He played cornhole, flip cup and ladder golf with students on campus. He filmed a “Step Brothers” parody video with Bill Self. He made that cameo with Ross.

Miles has sought attention before.

“At OSU, I can remember a summer caravan of 25 stops,” he said during Tuesday’s Big 12 coaches teleconference.

This, though, is on another level.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Thought it was interesting that OSU took a grad transfer at the WR position. Then I realized that Tracin Wallace football career could possibly be over, LC Greenwood changed positions, and McKaufman is coming off a knee injury. What you guys think?

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Thought it was interesting that OSU took a grad transfer at the WR position. Then I realized that Tracin Wallace football career could possibly be over, LC Greenwood changed positions, and McKaufman is coming off a knee injury. What you guys think?
McKaufman is a guy I am pretty high on. I know he tore his knee up, but I think once he really lets it go that he will be killing people. Like that we added another 6'5" guy though. That doesn't hurt at all. Imagine if Tylan was 6'3", it wouldn't even be a contest.

Nov 6, 2010
McKaufman is a guy I am pretty high on. I know he tore his knee up, but I think once he really lets it go that he will be killing people. Like that we added another 6'5" guy though. That doesn't hurt at all. Imagine if Tylan was 6'3", it wouldn't even be a contest.
Makes me think maybe we added this guy because they think McKaufman won't be fully healed and ready to go this fall.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Yep.
Makes me think maybe we added this guy because they think McKaufman won't be fully healed and ready to go this fall.
Yep. The coaching staff must know something. If you remember they brought in a grad transfer from Arkansas earlier this spring for a visit and this was before news about Tracin Wallace and LC Greenwood.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
Very true. Also CJ Moore isn't going to play as much as we hope. Gundy said he will give him some plays, but said he's about a year away from being consistently out there. Think those 2 factors might the reason for this. Won't be bad having all 6'4" 6'5" guys rotating.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City
Very true. Also CJ Moore isn't going to play as much as we hope. Gundy said he will give him some plays, but said he's about a year away from being consistently out there. Think those 2 factors might the reason for this. Won't be bad having all 6'4" 6'5" guys rotating.
Why is that? Still too skinny?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Why is that? Still too skinny?
I think I read the same stuff about CJ that Hokie's referring to.

He came in really skinny, but has put on weight. Gundy said he'd get some reps in games & see where it goes from there. I agree with Hokie that it sounds like his role might be limited this year, but I also took Gundy's comments to mean that if the kid comes in and makes some plays, there might be more opportunitites for him this year.

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
I think I read the same stuff about CJ that Hokie's referring to.

He came in really skinny, but has put on weight. Gundy said he'd get some reps in games & see where it goes from there. I agree with Hokie that it sounds like his role might be limited this year, but I also took Gundy's comments to mean that if the kid comes in and makes some plays, there might be more opportunitites for him this year.
I think this year they will try to get him caught up to speed with the game and see how he handles it physically. If he shows he can be reliable, then I don't see any reason he can't play more and more as the season goes on. Then next year I think he will be a beast.

Here's where I got this: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/wait-so-c-j-moore-is-going-to-play-how-many-plays-this-fall/