Spring Ball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Just curious what resort this was...I was also skiing in Colorado at the time but I don't think we were at the same places.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
The latest from Mark Cooper, on o-line coach Charlie Dickey, and other notes from Wednesday practice...

STILLWATER — Oklahoma State has only practiced in pads twice, but coach Mike Gundy has liked what he has seen from new offensive line coach Charlie Dickey.

“His way of coaching, his drills, his hand placement, eye placement, leverage, all the different things,” Gundy said Wednesday. “So I just kind of stand back and watch it. I like the relationship that he’s developed with him in a short time.”

Dickey came from Kansas State, filling the position after Josh Henson left for Texas A&M.

He takes over an offensive line that returns four starters from the Liberty Bowl win over Missouri. If those four starters — Dylan Galloway, Marcus Keyes, Johnny Wilson and Teven Jenkins — retain their positions, the only opening will be at right guard.

Gundy said that while Dickey’s coaching technique is different, the style has been similar to Henson.

“Josh was a good teacher and somewhat to himself in his own world,” Gundy said. “I think Charlie’s the same way. Neither one of them were screamers, but they’re different in the drills. I know that the drill work that Charlie uses is somewhat different than what Josh used and then Josh would be somewhat different than maybe the other guys used.”

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Guerin Emig on OSU's defensive coordinator Jim Knowles...

STILLWATER — A little while after his first season as Oklahoma State defensive coordinator, Jim Knowles stopped recruiting, sat down, put on game film and absorbed the lesson the Big 12 Conference administered him.

“I had a few weeks there where I could really decipher what happened,” he said after a recent Cowboys spring practice, “what went right and what went wrong. When you’re in the fight, that’s harder to do.”

What went right? The Cowboys got to the quarterback generally. They rose to the occasion now and then, like with their Liberty Bowl-winning stop on fourth-and-1 of Missouri from the OSU 9-yard line.

What went wrong? A lot more than what went right.

“We finished in the top 10 in sacks and red zone defense,” Knowles said, “and everything else wasn’t good enough.”