Sportswear company trying to manipulate rage again for media hits

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Nike should not get one penny from people. I have a lot of Nike gear. I am not burning it or throwing them away. But I will not be buying Nike again
Pulling a shoe because it has the original American flag? I thought at first it was an article from The Onion.
Tell me something, cableok, are you totally naive to the FACT that using the American flag on shoes or clothing, even an obsolete flag, is never appropriate and should never be. I think Nike did the right thing, and Trump lovers are upset for the wrong reason.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Tell me something, cableok, are you totally naive to the FACT that using the American flag on shoes or clothing, even an obsolete flag, is never appropriate and should never be. I think Nike did the right thing, and Trump lovers are upset for the wrong reason.
Kaepernick: "Yo, guys, you know that's a violation of the flag code right?"
Nike: "No! We had no idea Kaep! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll do the right thing and pull these off the shelves. Thanks for watching out for us!"
Kaepernick: "Anytime guys."
Nike: "Love you Kaep"
Kaepernick: "..."

That's how this went down right? The media's just been misreporting it...

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
People are upset because now we're in the territory where the Colonial flag is being called bad and racist. How much history are we supposed to be ashamed of? Just chipping away.

Aug 16, 2012
Completely wrong. The flag, an actual flag, should never be used as clothing. Images of, facsimiles of, etc , can absolutely be used as clothing or on clothing

Mar 11, 2006
This isn't true. Just what conservative media likes to say. Under Armour is down the past five years, Nike is up. Over the past year it's about the same and Nike may be outperforming by a slight margin. Adidas is outperforming both, though.
Why last five years? I am talking since Sept 4th when Nike made announcement with Kaep. Nike is up 3.3% over that time. Under Armour up 17% and Adidas 24%. Nike stock has way under performed those two companies.

If Nike would have performed at an average of their competitors in their sector their market value would be over $30B more.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Completely wrong. The flag, an actual flag, should never be used as clothing. Images of, facsimiles of, etc , can absolutely be used as clothing or on clothing
Yep, I've seen a couple of different places where people are trying to make this completely false argument today.

So to recap, townie......the patriotic t-shirts with American flags on them that Old Navy puts out every year....fine.
Me going outside and taking my flag off the pole, cutting a hole in the middle and wearing it as a poncho tomorrow....not fine.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Yep, I've seen a couple of different places where people are trying to make this completely false argument today.

So to recap, townie......the patriotic t-shirts with American flags on them that Old Navy puts out every year....fine.
Me going outside and taking my flag off the pole, cutting a hole in the middle and wearing it as a poncho tomorrow....not fine.

That’s a really good explanation, but, I fear, it’s likely wasted on the intended recipient.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And the uniform code only applies to the current flag proper because past flags are just considered replicas.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Don't look now but a sneaker maker is trying to generate clicks and outrage again by acting like they are somehow bowing to the will of a controversial former sports figure. Before you have outrage, remember, they are counting on it...so just move on and don't give them your time.