Sports

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Dear 23inch 6 lb 7oz wiry bearded Baby Jesus, we dont ask for much in this world. Just please give us back our college sports. You can have the overpaid, hot dawgin pro stuff. Just please please give us back what we lost today. And while yer at it, please put a little bit of Voodoo on the Kansas Jayhawks basketball and OU football teams. Oh...and Iowa and Penn State wrasslin...

Amen!!

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Dear 23inch 6 lb 7oz wiry bearded Baby Jesus, we dont ask for much in this world. Just please give us back our college sports. You can have the overpaid, hot dawgin pro stuff. Just please please give us back what we lost today. And while yer at it, please put a little bit of Voodoo on the Kansas Jayhawks basketball and OU football teams. Oh...and Iowa and Penn State wrasslin...

Amen!!
Preach

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Listened to the Sports Animal on the drive home yesterday as I always do. Kind of weird thinking about what the hell are these guys going to fill airtime with for the next couple of months. For the next several days, they can talk about the unique situation of having no sports to cover, but you can only talk about that for so long. Then what? What's Deano Blevins going to report on every night?

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Listened to the Sports Animal on the drive home yesterday as I always do. Kind of weird thinking about what the hell are these guys going to fill airtime with for the next couple of months. For the next several days, they can talk about the unique situation of having no sports to cover, but you can only talk about that for so long. Then what? What's Deano Blevins going to report on every night?
Traber and Al already are turning into 2 old men talking about their gout, prostate issues, and joint pain.

How much can we hear about Traber's gout before it loses it's pizzazz?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Going to be a lot of Mt. Rushmore talk!:thumbdown:

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Yeah, you got to think at some point the owners will do a temporary pivot. Change the topics to something else like news. Or maybe even just start playing music. When it comes to dedicated talk radio there are not a lot of options. It is mostly either news or sports.

Also, I'm kinda wondering the same thing about ESPN. What the hell will they broadcast? Even foreign sports won't have many options. Just replay classic games? ESports?

Dec 17, 2011
Not really looked at but we were supposed to host the NCAA womens tennis tournament this year in stillwater.

pokefan05

Knickas on Backward
A/V Subscriber
Dec 6, 2006
Tulsa
Yeah, you got to think at some point the owners will do a temporary pivot. Change the topics to something else like news. Or maybe even just start playing music. When it comes to dedicated talk radio there are not a lot of options. It is mostly either news or sports.

Also, I'm kinda wondering the same thing about ESPN. What the hell will they broadcast? Even foreign sports won't have many options. Just replay classic games? ESports?
It was so weird turning on the ESPN app last night and seeing only Sportscenter, along with a bunch of rerun games. Sportscenter has nothing but the virus to talk about, so that is already getting super old.

Sep 9, 2013
watching OU show its true colors against LSU never gets old. If a team has equal players and punches OU in the mouth they quit. And this is nothing new, they've always quit when getting punched in the face.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Traber and Al already are turning into 2 old men talking about their gout, prostate issues, and joint pain.

How much can we hear about Traber's gout before it loses it's pizzazz?
Welp, turned on the radio in the car as I was leaving work and Al was talking about gay actors that were in the closet in early Hollywood. This is going to be a long spring.

Cow2boys2

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2009
Fort Supply, OK
Ok I need some help. I didn’t want to start a thread for this, so I’m putting it here. I need someone to help me find the picture of the McNeese State special teams players that were stacked on top of each other. Does anyone remember what I’m talking about? I can’t find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.