Spokane NAACP President's Mom Says Daughter Pretending to Be Black

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
From National Review:

Dolezal’s Resignation Letter Is Ridiculous
She just can’t seem to understand why what she did is such a big deal!
by KATHERINE TIMPF
June 15, 2015 4:07 PM
@KATTIMPF

Rachel Dolezal may have resigned from her position as president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP — but the statement she released seems to suggest that she just doesn’t see why people think what she did is such a big deal.

“I have always deferred to the state and national NAACP leadership and offer my sincere gratitude for their unwavering support of my leadership through this unexpected firestorm,” she wrote.

Yes — “unexpected.” The white woman who spent years portraying herself as black — doing so with an elaborate deceptive scheme that included wearing dark makeup, telling people that her adopted black brother was her biological son, claiming that one of her black friends was her biological father, claiming that her biological father was a Marine who was almost murdered three times by “white subordinates” because they were upset that he was black and held a superior position, saying she would be “nervous” about attending a Tea Party rally because there would be so many white people there, and even allegedly telling a Hispanic student that she could not participate in a classroom activity on race and culture because she looked too white — apparently never could have anticipated getting caught and/or that people would be mad if she did.

Nowhere in the statement did Dolezal apologize for her fraud. Rather, she portrayed herself as more of a victim, even as someone who might deserve credit for the way she’s handling the situation:

“I have waited in deference while others expressed their feelings, beliefs, confusions [ugh, so unbelievable that anyone would find this confusing!] and even conclusions — absent the full story.”

Dolezal also bragged about her work a little, saying she was “delighted that so many organizations and individuals have supported and collaborated with the Spokane NAACP under my leadership to grow this branch into one of the healthiest in the nation in 5 short months.”

— Katherine Timpf is a reporter for National Review Online.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/dolezal-resignation-letter
This has Lifetime movie written all over it. If it didn't clash with their political perspective.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Leave it to MSNBC to dive into the deep end of the wacky pool. implying that Dolezal is more black than Clarence Thomas. Blaming her parents for "outing" her. Before long the left will see her as a hero, every bit as much as Rosa Parks. Does the average black person fall for all these white people telling them this stuff? You'd think they would be offended by it.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffre...ies-rachel-dolezal-more-black-clarence-thomas

From the article:
She's trying to eradicate and erase all the vestiges of racism in the broader culture. And I think her parents have to be pressed a little bit, what is your overinvestment in insisting that she be white. I mean, this is a complicated issue here that needs to be talked about in much more sophisticated terms.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Leave it to MSNBC to dive into the deep end of the wacky pool. implying that Dolezal is more black than Clarence Thomas. Blaming her parents for "outing" her. Before long the left will see her as a hero, every bit as much as Rosa Parks. Does the average black person fall for all these white people telling them this stuff? You'd think they would be offended by it.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffre...ies-rachel-dolezal-more-black-clarence-thomas

From the article:
She's trying to eradicate and erase all the vestiges of racism in the broader culture. And I think her parents have to be pressed a little bit, what is your overinvestment in insisting that she be white. I mean, this is a complicated issue here that needs to be talked about in much more sophisticated terms.
Dyson is a racist moron.

May 8, 2009
Germantown, TN
This may be difficult for people to understand but after much thought and discussion with my cat ive come to the conclusion i am a cat or trans-species if you will. i know i know it may sound odd to you but the pain i go through everyday is real #imacat
You're very brave to come out as your true feline self. However, please refrain from preening in view of the public. Acceptance by the public will not come quickly.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
We have so many Illegal Irish immigrants that they are becoming a real problem, especially in Boston and New York. How can we handle them without being Racist towards them? Personally, the law should be blind and enforced fully, and bad laws removed.
You may have taken me a little too seriously. :)

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas

From the article:
Pretty sure anyone's parents if they were accused of abuse by their grown child along with a litany of other lies would and should come out to set the whole story straight.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
Pretty sure anyone's parents if they were accused of abuse by their grown child along with a litany of other lies would and should come out to set the whole story straight.
The masses will believe anything the media tells them to believe.

Only in America do people want darker skin, pay for tanning, ect... while the rest of the world hides from the sun for fear of becoming a lil darker. (True Story)

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I want to be 19, and in the fraternity again.

Can we magically make this happen just by willing it to be so?

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
The irony just keeps getting better and better with this one.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/dole...-exodus-for-casting-white-actors-as-africans/

Dolezal Wanted to Boycott Exodus for Casting White Actors as Africans
by Alex Griswold | 6:00 pm, June 16th, 2015 228

Remember the furor back in 2014 over the casting of white actors to play ancient Egyptians in the movie Exodus: Gods and Kings? Well one activist who called for a boycott of the film was none other than Rachel Dolezal, the former Spokane NAACP official who was revealed last week to have been a white woman lying about being black.

Dolezal made the comments during an interview with local Spokane radio station KYRS. “You have white, European actors playing North African historical figures, like they were in the ’30s and the ’40s,” complained host Taylor Weech.

“A lot of people might go to the film. Hopefully nobody goes to that film,” Dolezal said. “We need to boycott that film from my perspective…”

Dolezal denounced the film as “miseducation [sic],” “misrepresentation,” and “highly offensive” to ancient Egyptians. “And also to people today,” she continued, “it’s robbing and shredding ancestry and history.”

Yes, Rachel Dolezal yelled at Christian Bale for robbing someone else’s ancestry.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Wait found more.

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/17/rac...ical_proof_larry_and_ruthanne_are_my_parents/
Rachel Dolezal goes birther on…herself: “There’s no biological proof Larry and Ruthanne are my parents”
She's seen the birth certificate, but "I haven't had a DNA test" VIDEO
Scott Eric Kaufman Follow
  • Share 7K
  • Topics: Savannah Guthrie, NBC News, Rachel Dolezal, Race, Video, News, Politics News

Rachel Dolezal (NBC News)
    In an interview with NBC News’ Savannah Guthrie, former NAACP Spokane president Rachel Dolezal discussed whether she’s ever been willfully deceptive about her racial and ethnic heritage — and why she believes she’s entitled to be ambiguous about it.

Guthrie began by asking, point black, “have you ever lied about your race?” Dolezal replied that she’s never been asked “are you human or not human?” — which is an odd statement, given that humanity is a species, not a race — and that even if she had been asked, she’d reply that “race is a construct” and “has a fluid understanding.”

While what she said race in the United States is patently true — if it weren’t, there wouldn’t have been a need to legally codify it with the “one-drop rule” — that doesn’t mean that “fluid understanding” applies to her situation.

Dolezal claimed that it’s possible the “one-drop rule” applies to her, because while she knows “who raised me — I haven’t had a DNA test.”

“There’s no biological proof that Larry and Ruthanne are my biological parents,” she added. A shocked Guthrie replied, “there’s a birth certificate with your name on it and their names on it.”

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO
This crap just keeps getting funnier:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/lis...cott-white-actors-playing-black-african-roles

The Rachel Dolezal stories are coming fast and furious today as the volume of her lies are becoming apparent. In yet another example, Dolezal was interviewed for a Spokane, Washington podcast in which the former NAACP chapter president bemoans, and wants to boycott, the movie Exodus because Christian Bale is, in the words of host Taylor Weech, a "white European" playing a "north African" part.

So to summarize, the white woman who pretended she was black wanted to boycott a movie where a white man played the role of an African. She made this observation while in the guise of her black character to the same radio host to whom she later told made-up tales about her pretend black father.

Seriously. You really just can't make this stuff up.
View attachment 38922
Little behind on the thread, but how did it take as long as it did before the first Tropic Thunder pic showed up? Y'all need to step your game up.