Spencer Sanders Update

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
99.9% chance Sanders does not play. This game time decision is just more of Gundys stupidity. I bet he does not play again until after the bye week.
Hey, Gundy is playing everything right on this. He doesn't want to give ANY opponent an edge on who's starting so they can focus practice and their game plan on one QB or the other. What seems stupid is an inability to grasp this concept. I'm with Gundy on this plan all the way and I, like many others, understand the concept.

Why do you disagree and call Gundy's decision stupid (ly)?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I want the coaches to tailor the offense to the guy we have, not the other way around.
We have both options, so I think it makes sense to seek an offense that produced a very dynamic offense that took us to an elite level versus ones (from the 80's) that get us to maybe 9 wins and a random bowl game.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
If you want to fill the stadium, if you want to have people begging for tickets the fun and gun is your offense. If you want to bore the hell out of people run the current offense. I know it takes control out of the coach's hands, but its supposed to be fun.

Gundy wants people in the stands after halftime, so we run this 1980 jackwagon offense to keep people's interest and not blow people out by halftime. Beat them, pound them, score 100 on everyone, just score the damn ball, please. Its like driving your yugo instead of your ferrari so you blend in.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
If you want to fill the stadium, if you want to have people begging for tickets the fun and gun is your offense. If you want to bore the hell out of people run the current offense. I know it takes control out of the coach's hands, but its supposed to be fun.

Gundy wants people in the stands after halftime, so we run this 1980 jackwagon offense to keep people's interest and not blow people out by halftime. Beat them, pound them, score 100 on everyone, just score the damn ball, please. Its like driving your yugo instead of your ferrari so you blend in.
If the other team can't score they can't win.

Sep 23, 2010
We don't have QB controversy yet....But if Sanders comes back and still can't make decisions about putting the ball down the field, particularly the middle of the field...stay tuned.

Sanders does open some things up for our running game though. No one respects SI as a running threat in any way. He is slowwwww....

Feb 15, 2017
Texas

WE've got a Ferrari on defense and it is playing and playing very well.

I LOVE watching us keep teams to 1 TD per game vs the years of hoping we can hold them to 1 TD per quarter (or per drive in some years . . . )

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
We don't have QB controversy yet....But if Sanders comes back and still can't make decisions about putting the ball down the field, particularly the middle of the field...stay tuned.

Sanders does open some things up for our running game though. No one respects SI as a running threat in any way. He is slowwwww....
For all of Gundy's strengths, he has never handled QB controversies well. Let's hope sanders comes back and shows that he has grown from last year.