Spencer Sanders Update

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TrevB11

Greenhorn
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Against Tulsa, he had 2 passes and 5 runs, a fumble, and got injured. I really like Sanders, and I think he has a good arm, but we need to figure out a way to use him that doesn't involve the constant hits (just like we saw last season). Again.....playing QB is more than just physical ability, and Sanders needs to figure out a way to maximize his potential, which includes keeping himself on the field.
Using one game to support your theory?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
It's the only data point we have so far, because he got injured while playing the same way he's played since he arrived at OSU. He hasn't shown anything but a single style of play, and until he does, I have zero reason to suspect that his trend line will change.

Nov 6, 2010
It's the only data point we have so far, because he got injured while playing the same way he's played since he arrived at OSU. He hasn't shown anything but a single style of play, and until he does, I have zero reason to suspect that his trend line will change.
We may be overreacting a bit to the injury thing. I believe last year he hurt his hand by banging it off a helmet while throwing or something like that, not running related.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Doesn’t matter who plays Gundy will be second quessed If Either plays and has a poor day all hell will break loose. The 2nd string QB is always the most popular player on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Doesn’t matter who plays Gundy will be second quessed If Either plays and has a poor day all hell will break loose. The 2nd string QB is always the most popular player on the team.

Not 2nd string QB but the back-up is....

but SI was starting the last two games? Who is now the back-up?

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Two great QBs, Two great RBs. Glad this is all we have to complain about.

Prior years were directed towards Yurcich playcalling, Spencer’s suspect defense, and of course, SPECIAL TEAMS.

For the most part. All of those issues have been resolved.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I'll admit that going into the KU game, I was a little nervous.
We didn't look good vs Tulsa or WVU.
We had a Fresh QB
Chuba looked off
The OL was in flux
We weren't scoring points

All those worries disappeared by the 1st Quarter (even knowing it was against KU)

As Ninja says, moving forward we are in good shape compared to years in the past.

DemBoys

Wrangler
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Since this thread has devolved away from being about Spencer I will add that I saw Thabo Mwaniki playing for the Houston Coogs last night.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
[/QUOTE]

If our staff notices as much as the fans, Shane should be having an offense designed just for him right now if not already. With the right help, he could be Mason 2.[/QUOTE]

And we all know that the fans are better judges of talent and schemes than most coaches.
Someone get a memo to Gundy STAT!

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
If our staff notices as much as the fans, Shane should be having an offense designed just for him right now if not already. With the right help, he could be Mason 2.[/QUOTE]

And we all know that the fans are better judges of talent and schemes than most coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Illingworth is not Mason 2.0, he's better.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
If our staff notices as much as the fans, Shane should be having an offense designed just for him right now if not already. With the right help, he could be Mason 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Illingworth is not Mason 2.0, he's better.[/QUOTE]
Concur

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Thats exactly my point. ZRob got LIT UP going for a TD against Tech rather than going down or OOB taking the unnecessary hit. How many QB draws, scrambles, bootlegs, did he run before that where didn’t get hurt despite being tackled? He could have sustained that same injury had a blocker missed a backside blitz.

SS had a high ankle sprain, which can happen on a drop back, a boot leg, a sack, a handoff.

I believe more QB injuries happen inside the pocket than outside which is why they are so protected there. I’m sure both of us could come up with 100s of examples that support our case. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I think the most effective QBs in todays game have the ability to make the throw, and stretch the field with their legs and that injuries are more indicative of the player not how they play.
Agree to disagree, but I wonder which side Dallas Cowboys fans are taking this afternoon. Dak did take a few hits in the pocket, but only one on a QB draw. Probably the only hit he'll take on a QB draw the rest of the season.....