Spencer Sanders brings intensely competitive nature OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 1, 2011
Houston
He has been on Campus for a month now working out with receiver. Fingers crossed!!! :koolaid: :koolaid:

"It's one of the bedrock traits of his personality. One of the qualities that made him the special athlete he was at Denton Ryan — not just in football. He was the district offensive player of the year in basketball and excelled in track and field."

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
There really isnt any reason for us not to start him sometime this season, if not just start him outright. This season should be future building and that requires getting Sanders some exp.
While I tend to agree with you, he will need to show that he has a grasp of the offense so that he won't be a liability on the field. I don't want to see us waste his talent on a 3 game season like we did with Rudolph. If Cornelius and Brown can handle the duties then I think Sanders should red shirt. And I think TC and DB will be able to do the job.

Jul 15, 2004
One of oSu's best, Josh Fields, didn't hit the field until the end of the season during his frosh campaign... unless a rash of injuries or inability ensues, time is available for him to absorb the system and then use those four games strategically (Texas? ou? bowl?).

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
While I tend to agree with you, he will need to show that he has a grasp of the offense so that he won't be a liability on the field. I don't want to see us waste his talent on a 3 game season like we did with Rudolph. If Cornelius and Brown can handle the duties then I think Sanders should red shirt. And I think TC and DB will be able to do the job.
The only waste by playing Rudolph his freshman year was realizing he should have played the entire season! Nothing wasted at all since he was going Pro when he did no matter what.

Plus, like mentioned above, he can play in up to 4 games and still redshirt.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Been saying it since his commitment, I think he's the best qb Osu has and their best chance to win anything this year

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
The only waste by playing Rudolph his freshman year was realizing he should have played the entire season! Nothing wasted at all since he was going Pro when he did no matter what.

Plus, like mentioned above, he can play in up to 4 games and still redshirt.
Gundy has said he wasn’t ready, Rudolph has said he wasn’t ready, and there was serious risk of injury with that decimated OL.