Spencer Redshirting?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I'm not well-versed on redshirt rules. If I understand correctly, he can play in four games and still have four more years of eligibility after this season?

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I just hope he does not bolt.
I wonder how Dru Brown is feeling right now. If he redshirts, he will have been in college six years.

Let's say Gundy plays him for the remaining six regular season games and a potential bowl game. Was that half season worth it?

This is really playing out terribly.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
If he's the QB for the future, keep him ridin' the pine pony until the OL gets figured out. Really don't want to see him hurt and not able to compete full strength in the spring.

Feb 18, 2009
I wonder how Dru Brown is feeling right now. If he redshirts, he will have been in college six years.

Let's say Gundy plays him for the remaining six regular season games and a potential bowl game. Was that half season worth it?

That's what happens when there is no plan.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

We're past the point of no return on Brown, for this season. Gundy's stuck with Cornelius to the point we're 4-2 & have lost 2 league games at home.

This is exactly what I feared would happen. Cornelius looks competent, yet inconsistent, so Gundy puts blind faith in him & he's the only option we're gonna use.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
Two fold; he's no guarantee to stick and your attempt to bedowngrade him by saying his only other offer is Brown looks a little silly now.
IN YOUR OPINION:Is he better than Sanders?
The point was whether or not Sanders would bolt because of having to play out his eligibility in the next 4 years. Who is on the roster (or future roster) that is a major threat to him being the starter?

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
What evidence is there to beUPgrade him.
Aside from I think Georgia knows what they're doing? Nothing.

IN YOUR OPINION:Is he better than Sanders?
The point was whether or not Sanders would bolt because of having to play out his eligibility in the next 4 years. Who is on the roster (or future roster) that is a major threat to him being the starter?
I don't know. As for immediate threat to Sanders? I would say no if only for the fact that Gundy doesn't play true freshmen. Could he be a legitimate threat for the 2020 season? Potentially. Will that factor in to Sanders' decision to stay or go? Doubt it. Only scenario I see Sanders even considering transferring is if Brown got the nod over him next year.

Last edited: