Spence Sanders mom tweets

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2008
Texas
I figure both Brown and Spencer will get plenty of playing time the last 20 quarters in the season, once it does not affect their redshirt.
They had 16 quarters all season that could have been used. I do not think Gundy has a full grasp of how to utilize the 4-game rule yet. SS and DB should have seen at least a quarter of play in no less than 2-3 games each to date. There is no excuse not to have taken advantage of the rule. If they came in and did not do well, fine, no harm, sit them for the rest of the year. Otherwise, it has been wasted opportunity for gaining valuable game-time experience.
Correct me if i am wrong, but they dont have 16 qtrs; they have 4 games. If they play 1 series in 4 games thats it. Theres no partial credit. So, it doesnt make much sense to bring them in 4th qtr to see what they can do.

HCMG has chosen to be loyal to TC over the rest of the program. The change should have occurred at least at Iowa St game while we had a season worth salvaging

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Bottom line is you can bench ANY player if your backup is better than you are. It's all about winning & TEAM, not ego.
I didn't make my point clear enough.

What if Cornelius is actually the best option? I hope that's not the case. But if it is and we bench him because we're afraid of a freshman's mom it's worse.

No one on here has actually seen Brown or Sanders play with our team and knows how they compare.
It’s not like you can’t put him back in the game! Everyone that plays team sports knows that there are guys on your team that want to be the starter. The starters know they have to continue to prove they are worthy of starting and they can be replaced at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2012
Correct me if i am wrong, but they dont have 16 qtrs; they have 4 games. If they play 1 series in 4 games thats it. Theres no partial credit. So, it doesnt make much sense to bring them in 4th qtr to see what they can do.

HCMG has chosen to be loyal to TC over the rest of the program. The change should have occurred at least at Iowa St game while we had a season worth salvaging
Correct, four games. I used the 16 quarters following the lead of the tie-in comment.
We will have to agree to disagree on your last sentence of the first paragraph. I think there has been ample time to let them show their ability, be it an earlier season win where we were comfortably in front or more recently when we have been overwhelmed and it was clear TC was not cutting it. Either way, we are on track to having another year with a new QB that has not taken any meaningful snaps. That is just stupid IMO.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I didn't make my point clear enough.

What if Cornelius is actually the best option? I hope that's not the case. But if it is and we bench him because we're afraid of a freshman's mom it's worse.

No one on here has actually seen Brown or Sanders play with our team and knows how they compare.
I have no doubt in my mind that a Texas Gatorade high school all American can play good football and better than what we are seeing currently.
Have you seen Shawn Robinson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2006
Yea I have but the difference is that we have seen Robinson play unlike Sanders. I am not saying sanders is going to be a superstar but we haven’t even given the guy a chance.
Except every day in practice. Not trying to be a jerk. I really want to see someone else get a chance too. But maybe there's a reason we haven't.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Except every day in practice. Not trying to be a jerk. I really want to see someone else get a chance too. But maybe there's a reason we haven't.
Practice is not a game. You can’t say with certainty how sanders or brown would do in a game. It’s not like they couldn’t put Cornelius right back in if a different QB struggles. The only reason we won’t take a chance is because of coach Gundy. Nothing else.... he believes he would get hurt and there is no guarantee of that.

Aug 16, 2012
Practice is not a game. You can’t say with certainty how sanders or brown would do in a game. It’s not like they couldn’t put Cornelius right back in if a different QB struggles. The only reason we won’t take a chance is because of coach Gundy. Nothing else.... he believes he would get hurt and there is no guarantee of that.
Gundy started Alex Cate in front of Weeden because of practice. To use a phrase I hate...Enough said.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It's not 16 quarters. It's 4 games. Come in for 1 snap and that's a game.
I figure both Brown and Spencer will get plenty of playing time the last 20 quarters in the season, once it does not affect their redshirt.
They had 16 quarters all season that could have been used. I do not think Gundy has a full grasp of how to utilize the 4-game rule yet. SS and DB should have seen at least a quarter of play in no less than 2-3 games each to date. There is no excuse not to have taken advantage of the rule. If they came in and did not do well, fine, no harm, sit them for the rest of the year. Otherwise, it has been wasted opportunity for gaining valuable game-time experience.
Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
A reason? The reasons have already been stated by Gundy.
1. He doesn't like to play freshmen, because they might get injured (therefore, no Sanders)
2. He wants a true 2-deep at QB next season (therefore, no Brown)
3. He thinks Cornelius can get the job done (therefore, no changes)

Gundy is insanely risk averse, stubborn, and apparently willing to throw away entire seasons to accomplish his goals.

Jan 14, 2006
A reason? The reasons have already been stated by Gundy.
1. He doesn't like to play freshmen, because they might get injured (therefore, no Sanders)
2. He wants a true 2-deep at QB next season (therefore, no Brown)
3. He thinks Cornelius can get the job done (therefore, no changes)

Gundy is insanely risk averse, stubborn, and apparently willing to throw away entire seasons to accomplish his goals.
When did Gundy state that he wants a true two deep at QB for next year?

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Not to mention chosing loyalty to one walk-on Sr vs the entire rest of team, run off McCleskey, and completely wasting Justice Hill and Tyron Johnson. If Sanders lives up to his hype then he won't even be here 4 yrs, so why be so concerned with 'saving' him? I will be gobsmacked if Sanders doesn't see the field Sat.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Please give my boy a chance... Spence Sanders #okstate

Tweeted end at 1:12, probably around the start of the 2nd half.

What is going through your mind if you are a recruit with offers from us, Texas Tech, Kansas State or Iowa State?

It's way past panic time! Holder needs a sit down with Boone pronto!
Arkansas.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk