Spence Sanders mom tweets

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I didn't make my point clear enough.

What if Cornelius is actually the best option? I hope that's not the case. But if it is and we bench him because we're afraid of a freshman's mom it's worse.

No one on here has actually seen Brown or Sanders play with our team and knows how they compare.
This is laughable. We are losing games with our "best option" THIS SEASON. If our best option this season isn't getting it done, then why not (a) try something different and (b) start building for next season?

What do we have to lose at this point? What.......we bench Cornelius and bring in Brown/Sanders and we lose by 24 instead of 17?

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I didn't make my point clear enough.

What if Cornelius is actually the best option? I hope that's not the case. But if it is and we bench him because we're afraid of a freshman's mom it's worse.

No one on here has actually seen Brown or Sanders play with our team and knows how they compare.
I have no doubt in my mind that a Texas Gatorade high school all American can play good football and better than what we are seeing currently.

Oct 30, 2007
RA has said the past few days that he thinks Spencer Sanders will come in over Dru Brown if a change is made. Cornelius may get the start against Texas, but I'm starting to think there's a chance we'll see Sanders if he struggles early.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
If TC starts the game he will play at a minimum the first half and probably the whole game unless he gets injured. That is Gundy's M.O. even Alex Cate played the whole sucky half against Colorado before we made a change. Regardless of how the first half is going if SS or DB aren't starting we won't see them in the first half.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
If TC starts the game he will play at a minimum the first half and probably the whole game unless he gets injured. That is Gundy's M.O. even Alex Cate played the whole sucky half against Colorado before we made a change. Regardless of how the first half is going if SS or DB aren't starting we won't see them in the first half.
I agree. I see us getting down big in the 1st half and we storm back with a different QB but still lose.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Only if TC gets injured in the first half. I'll go ahead and make the prediction that we don't see a different QB until after Texas at least. It's not what I'd want, but it's what Gundy will do.
I wouldn’t be surprised. We may never see another QB this season.

Jan 14, 2006
This is laughable. We are losing games with our "best option" THIS SEASON. If our best option this season isn't getting it done, then why not (a) try something different and (b) start building for next season?

What do we have to lose at this point? What.......we bench Cornelius and bring in Brown/Sanders and we lose by 24 instead of 17?
And while we're at it, we should bench Hill to give Jeter more carries for next year.;)

Apr 20, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
And while we're at it, we should bench Hill to give Jeter more carries for next year.;)
Terrible analogy. Hill is not struggling. He rarely gets the ball because OCWTF doesn’t value him.
Yeah, they need to stick with the two back sets the rest of the year and stop throwing the deep ball. We've been solid using the two back scheme.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Honestly, I'm ok with benching Hill. Let him sit out the rest of the year so he can start prepping for the draft early and not risk getting injured. He would probably improve his draft stock. Our play calling and O-line are that bad.

Jan 14, 2006
Terrible analogy. Hill is not struggling. He rarely gets the ball because OCWTF doesn’t value him.
First, my post was a joke. I though that was obvious.

Second, he averaged 3.7 yards per carry last week. Worst on the team. So yes, he did struggle. But the coaches see him everyday and believe he is the best back so he will continue to start.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
First, my post was a joke. I though that was obvious.

Second, he averaged 3.7 yards per carry last week. Worst on the team. So yes, he did struggle. But the coaches see him everyday and believe he is the best back so he will continue to start.
He would be better if OCWTF had better play calls.

Oct 6, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Do you guys remember before mason started everyone talked about how terrible the line was but then once he came in we looked like a TOTALLY different team?
also anyone see Gundys "open to suggestions" from the team but so far no ones given him any? i think that sounds like more excuses bc i'm sure he had a major astrik on what suggestions could be made. I just wish he'd give one of the two a shot.
Gundy is so he’ll bent on holding the other QBs out for the future he never looks beyond his nose. Flash forward to 2019. Fresh pitcher of Kool aid, raises and contract extensions all around and the Pokes take the field with a QB that has never taken a live game snap. Now what?
I can’t be the only person thinking this.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Gundy is so he’ll bent on holding the other QBs out for the future he never looks beyond his nose. Flash forward to 2019. Fresh pitcher of Kool aid, raises and contract extensions all around and the Pokes take the field with a QB that has never taken a live game snap. Now what?
I can’t be the only person thinking this.
At the very least with the new redshirt rules we should find a way to play both Sanders and Brown. Even if they aren't ready to take over from TC they should have taken some reps.